This week reveals S/V Downeast Thunder design concept number two! This week I’m presenting a lines drawing for a 22’ LOD, long keel, heavy displacement, hard chine hull. The idea was to stay with the same theme as the 26’ hull I drew last week, but make the vessel smaller, requiring less lead for the ballast keel. I soon discovered the cost of lead would STILL be in excess of what I can afford.

Once again, “COMPROMISE” is the key word of the day, and so it’s back to the drawing board. This time I’m considering a sailing dory, not too unlike the St. Pierre Dory, and not too astray of Jay Benford’s sailing dory designs. This type of hull will feature plywood construction, and a concrete/scrap steel ballast keel. So next week, I hope to have a preliminary lines drawing completed for my version of a cruising, sailing dory.

The final construction drawings (once I’m happy with the initial lines drawings) will be made available at a later date.

Many thanks to all my subscribers for participating, commenting, liking, and sharing my videos. I very much appreciate your continued support of my YouTube channel. It’s a lot of fun for me, and I hope this trend continues.

Please Note: I’ve recently launched a Patreon page and this is where you will find more in-depth information and details if you’re interested in this project. Otherwise, I’ll continue to share progress here on this forum and my YouTube channel on a weekly basis for the general public not wishing to become a Patron.

If you wish to become a Patron, you can do so for as little as only $1.00 per month! As a Patron, you won’t miss any of what is going on around here at Downeast Thunder, and I make updates on Patreon daily! Become a virtual crew member of S/V Downeast Thunder today!

Please become a Patron on my Patreon page at https://www.patreon.com/DowneastThunder

Here's the video: