Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Saga that is my Conquest mini-lathe re-furb.

Thanks

Y-geo's Tools
    Mike,
    I, and my family, are a bit gobsmacked that this bit of "dad being his usual "I can do better " (quote from the youngest brat ) has become some thing of a hit.

I will continue to post what I do and find as GOTCHAS so that others avoid my mistakes :-)

thank you all for the recognition nice that others can enjoy this mans work.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    S & F
    Y-Geo

Thanks

Y-geo's Tools
    Make Everything,
    That was very helpful Thank You. I assume from what you say that if there were 5 wires it would have hall effect circuit built in.

the british importer did say it was an obsolete motor (which they neglected to mention when i bought it, but at the price i paid not overly fussed ) I will stick with my set up as i have now and continue to research for that motor as i want to use it on a mill or drill.

As for your english I can tell you it is far better that my Mandarin or Cantonese which my first wife tried to teach me. I like your knot tying skills some of which i did manage to learn from her all those years ago.

"No Hall 310v 300-500w Universal Brushless Motor Controller" i did a quick google but came up empty do you have a lead on such an item please?

2000 Tool Plans
    S & F
    Y-Geo

Supporting Member Make Everything's Avatar
    Thanks

Make Everything's Tools
    Although I know how it works,But I can not build it, he is more than my knowledge and ability,The motor is the same as the computer's hard drive motor, in Industrial products, usually using arm cpu control。
    I think maybe you can buy a 50v BLDC driver, check the windings, try it can work at low voltage, or make low voltage winding for it ,Brushless motor winding is very simple, you can refer to some brushless motor design method, you only need some enameled wire and calculation
    Last edited by Make Everything; Sep 26, 2017 at 07:03 AM.
    Welcome to my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/channel/UCEoFlPTBSPpRAH05kPiSx_Q

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Make Everything For This Useful Post:

Y-geo (Sep 26, 2017)

Thanks

Y-geo's Tools
    Make Everything,
    thank you, still busy googling to find a suitable circuit or commercial unit for my needs. Luckily i am not in any hurry :-)

it seems that the control IC's are all low voltage but can act as controls for high power MOSFETS that actually power the motor, so i live in hope
    thanks for your support

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    S & F
    Y-Geo

Thread Information