Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sandwich factory with barehanded workers - GIF

Thanks

Floradawg's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by drivermark View Post
    I always figured that hands get washed, gloves don't. (worked in enough restaurants to have seen it plenty of times) and if you think minimum wage prep cooks that hardly speak english would change gloves between prepping chicken and salad..... guess again.
    That reminds me of a guy who wrote a letter to the editor of the hometown newspaper. (remember those?) He complained about being kicked out of an establishment for being barefooted. He argued that his feet get washed every day. His shoes? Never. He has a point, but I kind of realize that the other customers probably didn't want to see his bare feet. I don't remember what kind of place it was.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    Stupid is forever, ignorance can be fixed.

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by drivermark View Post
    I always figured that hands get washed, gloves don't. (worked in enough restaurants to have seen it plenty of times) and if you think minimum wage prep cooks that hardly speak english would change gloves between prepping chicken and salad..... guess again.
    Equally disturbing is the number of health care workers who glove up. After their patient encounters they continue with their gloved hands at the keyboard. I recall a time at the lab when I saw a tech outside having a smoke still wearing the gloves he'd worn in the lab. I asked him if he'd washed the chemicals off his gloves before lighting up. He looked at me with a puzzled face.
    Gloves don't kill people. People being stupid with gloves kill people. In too many cases it is the appearance of safety that causes hazards, kinda like so many tool guards in the shop.

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks

NortonDommi's Tools
    "After their patient encounters they continue with their gloved hands at the keyboard. I recall a time at the lab when I saw a tech outside having a smoke still wearing the gloves he'd worn in the lab."
    I worked in a large Public hospital for near a decade as an orderly mostly night shift and was sole charge theatre orderly for most of that. The incredible amount of the most basic of cleanliness violations I saw left me with zero respect for doctors or nurses as a groups. If it wasn't for the cleaners entering a hospital would be a guaranteed death sentence.
    Theatre nurses going for lunch at the local shops in their scrubs and walking straight back into theatre is one that really bugs me. Needles chucked in the general rubbish along with infectious material. Gloved nurses treating infectious patients and going immediately to other patients. Doctors were even worse.
    Judging by the number f people who came in with severe complications often due to infection from private hospitals I would hazard a guess that they might even be worse.

Supporting Member
    Thanks

Elizabeth Greene's Tools
    When I worked at Taco Bell, Checkers, and Little Ceasars in the 90s gloves weren't a thing.

Thanks
    What always got me was when at Dunkin Donuts or other place that picks up pastries with a sheet paper (Tissue) the server would put the paper in the bag with the pastries, sort of defeats the purpose.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information