Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Scooter driver hit twice by runaway tire - GIF

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,709 Times in 9,873 Posts

Scooter driver hit twice by runaway tire - GIF

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Altair For This Useful Post:

Rangi (Dec 12, 2021)

Thanks

NortonDommi's Tools
    WOW! No dodging that. Big rattle guns manned by idiots is a major cause of wheels coming off, that and not cleaning mating surfaces or seating a wheel before evenly torquing up the nuts. This guy was incredibly lucky. I wonder how far the wheel had traveled before it reached him?

Twice? What are the odds? That is a real bad hair day.

2000 Tool Plans
    Last edited by NortonDommi; Dec 8, 2021 at 01:40 PM.

Supporting Member Hoosiersmoker's Avatar
    Thanks
    He managed to escape serious injury the first time but it looks like the second time broke his leg. I think the video ended before it hit him the third time!

Thanks

WmRMeyers's Tools
    Pretty sure this guy has no luck at all!

Bill

Supporting Member Hoosiersmoker's Avatar
    Thanks
    I also love that traffic stopped so they didn't hit the wheel, watched it flatten the guy, left it in the road then just took off like nothing happened!

Thanks

NortonDommi's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoosiersmoker View Post
    I also love that traffic stopped so they didn't hit the wheel, watched it flatten the guy, left it in the road then just took off like nothing happened!
    Riding motorcycles can be hazardous simply because there are stupid people in cars. Amazing how few will even check to see a motorcyclist is O.K. In fact often people will stop or come running in a car/motorcycle collision and fuss over the car driver making loud negative statements about motorcyclists will ignoring the broken body jammed under the car.

Personally I'd like to see a staggered license system where unless you are physically unable to ride you get a motor cycle license and then a couple of years later be allowed to sit for a car license. As much as I hate regulation/compulsion I think joining a club and getting professional instruction as well would be a good idea.

The accident rate would drop because people would be looking for motorcyclists because their son/daughter/nephew/niece etc might be on one.
    Secondly people would learn to be aware of their surroundings. If you want to see just how mind and sense shuttered most people are watch them in a supermarket.
    Thirdly people would learn about weather and road conditions.
    Forth, traffic jams would decrease,(big study on this in the English midlands in the 1980's when motorcycles were allowed to use bus lanes), and parking would become easier for all,(roughly 6 motorcycles fit in one car space).

Lastly overall health would improve. Riding burns calories, you breath fresh air and temperature changes inure one against many common ailments such as colds and influenza's by strengthening the immune system and also these viruses can only survive in a narrow temperature band, one of the reasons these aliments are common in office workers and rare in those who work outside.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information