Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: simple screw stands

Thanks
    Thanked 8,785 Times in 4,206 Posts

Frank S's Tools

simple screw stands

I have been straightening the frame on a 2007 Ford Ranger and thought everything was fine until I started to bolt the cab back on with new OEM mounting rubbers. That was when I noticed that while it was straight front to rear side to side and no twist It still needed another .250" raise in the center cab mount area. So instead of doing my measurements from below I needed to raise the cab completely clear of the frame and not have it resting or touching the frame anywhere. To do this I made 4 simple screw stands out of Scaffold screw-jacks and 1 1/4" sch 40 pipe the 6 x 6" base on the screws served as the feet while the pipes fit up inside holes in the rocker panels. I stabilized the cab from shifting with a pair of 2" ratchet straps
    simple screw stands-20180801_152543.jpgc.jpg
    simple screw stands-20180801_152554.jpgc.jpg

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Frank S For This Useful Post:

Jon (Aug 7, 2018), oldcaptainrusty (Aug 7, 2018), PJs (Aug 8, 2018), Seedtick (Aug 7, 2018)

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,852 Times in 1,653 Posts

Thanks Frank S! We've added your Screw Stands to our Stands and Dollies category,
    as well as to your builder page: Frank S's Homemade Tools. Your receipt:

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks
    Those are handy jacks, limited in height only by stability and length of pipe. Interesting to see you used 1 1/4 inch pipe. I used some for a roller stand for a bugo (sp?) type welder at my bosses business. The pipe was just the right size for the scaffold casters that were sitting on the shelf in the tool room. I hope to post about it some time in the future sense I finally figured out the wi fi password at the business but do not know when I will be there next. The dump trailer needs some serious patching up so it shouldn't be long.
    Eric

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information