Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: This site drives me nuts.

Thanks

MeJasonT's Tools

Smile This site drives me nuts.

Why is there so many great tool ideas on here. I find i spend my life on here, the dog has divorced me my kids don't exist (don't have any) and my Mrs thinks i'm sad. I find I spend an unhealthy amount of time on here. Just want to say a huge thank you to everyone, without whom i wouldn't appear to be a genius.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    Citizen of the "New democratic" Republic of Britain, liberated from the EuroNation

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MeJasonT For This Useful Post:

billster (Nov 4, 2018), Christophe Mineau (Nov 4, 2018), Frank S (Nov 3, 2018), Jon (Nov 4, 2018), olderdan (Nov 3, 2018), rossbotics (Nov 4, 2018)

Thanks

billster's Tools
    Sad about your dog...

2000 Tool Plans

4. The Following User Says Thank You to billster For This Useful Post:

MeJasonT (Nov 5, 2018)

Supporting Member
    Thanks

wizard69's Tools
    You should make up with the dog!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to wizard69 For This Useful Post:

billster (Nov 5, 2018)

Thanks

MeJasonT's Tools
    Today i'm mainly working on, changing the circuit board on my MIG welder because the original Cosmo one is crap - It will be home designed and build of course, as is the tradition of his fine establishment Homemadetools. I'm currently writing Arduino C# code for parsing messages from GRBL CNC controller so that i can transmit the messages to my inverter VFD to have GRBL control my spindle.
    The finger press brake is coming on leaps and bounds and my industrial sized ring roller is getting larger dies made.
    all that before tea. Dog's not wanting a reconciliation - it wants half, "like some f-ed up bitch with a bone through her nose riding bare arsed on a donkey" famous movie quote not mine. I'm thinking Eddy Murphey 1986 ish, Beverly Hills cop. of course i'm also being racially correct. I wish to apologise for cinematography over the last 100 years which may have led to insult - especially cowboys and Indians, how they were both portrayed was appalling. The obvious being the representation of Red Indians as savages but yet much worse is the representation of Americans as cowboys (Cowboy - verbe: to mean rough arsed, sloppy job, trigger happy). Hell you were still British back then.
    Citizen of the "New democratic" Republic of Britain, liberated from the EuroNation

Thanks

MeJasonT's Tools
    British as cowboys - discuss

Jon
    Jon is online now Jon has agreed the Seller's Terms of Service
    Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,796 Times in 11,326 Posts
    We haven't even scratched the surface on the concept of ideation itself. There's some decent (if fairly new) academic research on exact procedures to follow to increase idea generation. Need to put it all together and make a post about it one of these days.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jon For This Useful Post:

billster (Nov 6, 2018), MeJasonT (Nov 7, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,391 Times in 2,118 Posts

mklotz's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    We haven't even scratched the surface on the concept of ideation itself. There's some decent (if fairly new) academic research on exact procedures to follow to increase idea generation. Need to put it all together and make a post about it one of these days.
    I'm really looking forward to reading that. I've got my own ideas on the subject but they all revolve around the peculiarities of my own mental workings. The idea of a more generalized, more universally usable technique is intriguing.
    ---
    Regards, Marv

Home Shop Freeware
    https://www.myvirtualnetwork.com/mklotz

12. The Following User Says Thank You to mklotz For This Useful Post:

MeJasonT (Nov 7, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,787 Times in 4,206 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    My wife tells everyone that no matter what Idea my mind invents by the time it reaches my hands it has been printed in triplicate stamped folded cut in half folded again sprinkled with salt buried for 6 months then dug up ripped apart and put back together then made never to resemble the original idea
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank S For This Useful Post:

MeJasonT (Nov 7, 2018)

Thanks

MeJasonT's Tools
    I will have to hold off until the thread kicks off, my ideas about ideas are vast. We are talking Triz, 6 Sigma, FDMA and mindless burblings and dribbling of an idiot. I'm in safe hands - Einstein was considered an idiot and mad man as was Triz. Modern day creators and people like Dyson are a big bug bear of mine.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,787 Times in 4,206 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by MeJasonT View Post
    I will have to hold off until the thread kicks off, my ideas about ideas are vast. We are talking Triz, 6 Sigma, FDMA and mindless burblings and dribbling of an idiot. I'm in safe hands - Einstein was considered an idiot and mad man as was Triz. Modern day creators and people like Dyson are a big bug bear of mine.
    Dyson lost me when he went strictly battery powered. for me my way of thinking is Battery powered is fine but every battery powered tool should come equipped with a port for cording it when the time arises which always happens at the most inopportune time
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank S For This Useful Post:

billster (Nov 8, 2018)

Thread Information