Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: This site drives me nuts.

Thanks

MeJasonT's Tools
    My thoughts exactly, He's on the TV spouting how his new cordless vacuum is the future. If my Mrs and I are expecting visitors in 20 mins with a flat hover battery Its not the future is it. That's what i would call a missed opportunity or a major over site of an idiot. He only hires the highest achievers as designers, how loud did you laugh? They did a program where they were invited inside his research centre - every thing was covered up as you would expect it was like a government freedom of information request where the page is blacked out apart from 3 letter words. The designers scrap/idea books all go to Dysons office on a night time and get lacked in a safe cupboard, they get them back at 8 am the next day. Does he not trust his staff.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    Citizen of the "New democratic" Republic of Britain, liberated from the EuroNation

Thanks

MeJasonT's Tools
    To think we lost Trevor Bayliss, now he really was an inventor. Lets not forget Colin Pillinger who died in May 2017 who designed and built Beagle 1 & 2 having mortgaged his own house to invest in the project. Beagle 2 was lost when it went to Mars but has recently been found again. https://www.theguardian.com/science/...aft-found-mars.
    so stick that up your pipe NASA. Billions of dollars verses a bloke who started a project in his garden shed.

You can throw money at problems all day long but all you end up with is an expensive problem. (i was thinking of the UK NHS as is typed it)

2000 Tool Plans
    Last edited by MeJasonT; Nov 7, 2018 at 10:16 AM.
    Citizen of the "New democratic" Republic of Britain, liberated from the EuroNation

Thanks
    Thanked 8,788 Times in 4,207 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by MeJasonT View Post
    To think we lost Trevor Bayliss, now he really was an inventor. Lets not forget Colin Pillinger who died in May 2017 who designed and built Beagle 1 & 2 having mortgaged his own house to invest in the project. Beagle 2 was lost when it went to Mars but has recently been found again. https://www.theguardian.com/science/...aft-found-mars.
    so stick that up your pipe NASA. Billions of dollars verses a bloke who started a project in his garden shed.

You can throw money at problems all day long but all you end up with is an expensive problem. (i was thinking of the UK NHS as is typed it)
    At one time I owned 10% of a company that filed for numerous patents every year When I hired on / bought in however you want to term it the principal owner and I sat down and had a lengthy discussion of property rights to contributions I might make towards improving their existing main line product or to line items which I may develop which could be classed as outside of their business scope or my rights upon or if there was an eventual parting of the ways between us.
    Call it my exit strategy.
    Right away the main line product had become so modified IE simplified or streamlined that the resemblance between what they had started with to with we were producing shared only function and color over the span of a months worth of weekends I redesigned their secondary line to the point that only 1 single point of what they thought was such a strong patent remained and I had skirted its relevance .
    Short story long the company grew the economy lagged the company got on the rocks was sold to an off shore concern, new company wanted nothing to do with the inhouse equipment , jigs , fixtures or even the inventory. just all of the patents the client list and the name.
    The next day after the company was sold the principals wife came to me and showed me the contract I had signed and said you only have 3 days to get all of the inventory the machines and the fixtures & jigs out of this building before the land lord changes the locks. Since the purchasing company didn't want any of the stuff she said that she would lease me all of the machines for a dollar a year or until such a time as they may need them again.
    Talk about a scramble Have you ever tried to relocate everything in a 56,000 ft facility to a 17,000 building with a half acre outside storage in 3 days even though it was less than a 100 yards to the new site?

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

Thread Information