Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Sky cruise Hotel

Thanks
    Thanked 8,789 Times in 4,207 Posts

Frank S's Tools

Sky cruise Hotel

While we are talking about ridiculous things, we were talking about ridiculous things weren't we
    Take a look at this.

https://www.lifestyleasia.com/kl/tra...hotel-details/

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Frank S For This Useful Post:

Altair (Jul 21, 2022), carloski (Jul 23, 2022), durrelltn (Jul 23, 2022), nova_robotics (Jul 19, 2022), rlm98253 (Jul 23, 2022), Sleykin (Jul 20, 2022)

Supporting Member bruce.desertrat's Avatar
    Thanks

bruce.desertrat's Tools
    What could POSSIBLY go wrong with a flying nuclear-powered cruise ship. Sounds like a really bad 1970's disaster movie.

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks

Frank S's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by bruce.desertrat View Post
    What could POSSIBLY go wrong with a flying nuclear-powered cruise ship. Sounds like a really bad 1970's disaster movie.
    Try the 1950's. Convair later renamed General Dynamics, now named Lockheed. back in the mid through late 1950's was involved in the ANP program they developed the ConvairNB-36H is to date the only American aircraft to carry an operational nuclear reactor. My Uncle who lived about 2 miles from us went to work for Convair in 1949. Retired from Lockheed Martain
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Convai...tional_history

Supporting Member schuylergrace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Hahahahaha! They forgot to tell us about the Magic Drag Eliminating Force Field (MDEFF) surrounding the plane and keeping all the elevators and such out of the wind. That thing looks like a bigger brick than the space shuttle! And I love how the vertical tail is just there to hold up a fancy, panoramic restaurant. Who needs to yaw?

For topical application, only. Not to be taken internally or used in com-
    bination with other drugs or alcohol, except as directed by your shaman.
    Do not operate heavy equipment, unless you actually know how to.

Thanks

Frank S's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by schuylergrace View Post
    Hahahahaha! They forgot to tell us about the Magic Drag Eliminating Force Field (MDEFF) surrounding the plane and keeping all the elevators and such out of the wind. That thing looks like a bigger brick than the space shuttle! And I love how the vertical tail is just there to hold up a fancy, panoramic restaurant. Who needs to yaw?
    If you will stop the video at the 0.55 mark you will see there has been an attempt to add most of the avionic surfaces and functions. Small flaps on the wings, ailerons and rudder on the vertical and horizontal stabilizer, No slats of the forward surface of the wing. What I was seeing though was the lip service paid to a biplane design of the wings. I say this because they are too close together relative to the aircraft using the term loosely, to me that looked more to be just a place to mount more engine pods rather than offer any real lift surface. If they are just going to rely on brute force to get the behemoth off the ground with those short stubby wings then they are going to need a 50 mile long runway or the lower pods are going to have to have directional thrust control probably both.
    The aircraft carrier in the Marvel comics movie would have a better chance of getting airborne than that thing IMO.

Supporting Member schuylergrace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank S View Post
    If you will stop the video at the 0.55 mark you will see there has been an attempt to add most of the avionic surfaces and functions. Small flaps on the wings, ailerons and rudder on the vertical and horizontal stabilizer, No slats of the forward surface of the wing. What I was seeing though was the lip service paid to a biplane design of the wings. I say this because they are too close together relative to the aircraft using the term loosely, to me that looked more to be just a place to mount more engine pods rather than offer any real lift surface. If they are just going to rely on brute force to get the behemoth off the ground with those short stubby wings then they are going to need a 50 mile long runway or the lower pods are going to have to have directional thrust control probably both.
    The aircraft carrier in the Marvel comics movie would have a better chance of getting airborne than that thing IMO.
    What I was referring to by "elevators" was the use of external, people-moving elevators on the "plane," not the control surfaces. I guess they didn't want to take up space inside, so they just hung them on the exterior. Of course, that wouldn't make the craft's drag much worse than all the other stuff hanging out there in the breeze.

For topical application, only. Not to be taken internally or used in com-
    bination with other drugs or alcohol, except as directed by your shaman.
    Do not operate heavy equipment, unless you actually know how to.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to schuylergrace For This Useful Post:

Frank S (Jul 21, 2022)

Thanks

Frank S's Tools
    They just thought the space shuttle was a gliding brick. Not sure how they came up with the term flying brick for the move because it never was anything more than a glider on its return and little more than a ballistic missile on its way up. I wouldn't exactly say it ever actually flew the way I look at things. Rocket ships don't fly they are blasted they fall or the glide

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank S For This Useful Post:

schuylergrace (Jul 22, 2022)

Thanks
    The only thing missing was the "BAZINGA" at the end of the video.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information