Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: SNCASE SE. 100 fighter - photo

Thanks
    Thanked 2,977 Times in 1,892 Posts

Toolmaker51's Tools
    A web page on The Panjandrum is titled "well, that didn't work"...all kinds of picking apart concept and design. I see only one fault, a critical omission.
    No handling package.
    Lol.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    Sincerely,
    Toolmaker51
    ...we'll learn more by wandering than searching...

Thanks
    Thanked 6,378 Times in 2,116 Posts

mklotz's Tools
    Lest the Brits think we're picking on them and their weapon designs, let's examine some of the laughable American designs. My submission is the infamous Bat Bomb...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bat_bomb

Conceived by a dentist, the idea was to drop a non-explosive bat-filled canister which, after being slowed by a parachute, would disperse the bats, each of which was fitted with a tiny napalm charge. The bats would roost in the mostly wooden structures in Japan and cause widespread fires.

Actually, like the Panjandrum, it was a pretty good idea in concept. Much better targeting and wider deployment than possible with conventional bombing, it seemed perfect though the opinion of the bats was not tested.

2000 Tool Plans
    ---
    Regards, Marv

Home Shop Freeware
    https://www.myvirtualnetwork.com/mklotz

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mklotz For This Useful Post:

Altair (Apr 2, 2020), baja (Jan 14, 2020)

Thanks

Toolmaker51's Tools
    Like Russian cosmo-mammals, and to their disdain, bats weren't represented by their local hall.

Upon return, Space Monkey found how inglorious his own contribution was regarded...

PS as usual; Lol
    Sincerely,
    Toolmaker51

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Toolmaker51 For This Useful Post:

Scotsman Hosie (Jan 18, 2020)

Thanks

mklotz's Tools
    Please, T51, no more music aural insults; I hate having to wash my ears out with bleach. (I will never understand why evolution did not produce earlids.) :-)
    ---
    Regards, Marv

Home Shop Freeware

Thanks

Toolmaker51's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by mklotz View Post
    Please, T51, no more music aural insults; I hate having to wash my ears out with bleach. (I will never understand why evolution did not produce earlids.) :-)
    No more aurals? If you [any] were to read the lyrics, laughter would ensue.
    It's somehow ingrained, that I connect written/ verbal statements with certain music aural support. It approaches near visualization.
    Sure it's exposure to Morey Amsterdam, Groucho Marx, Robin Williams, Rudyard Kipling; conjuring up hilarious phrases linked to previous lines of script. Other times, links are serious, either way it's 'my' own brand of punctuation.

This time you are lucky; I got nuthin', zero, zilch, zip, nada 'bout earlids.
    Sincerely,
    Toolmaker51

Supporting Member Scotsman Hosie's Avatar
    Thanks

Scotsman Hosie's Tools
    Life is the process of gleaning your personal treasures from the totality of the harvest, not replanting the field.
    – to quote ...you. (I found it to be a keeper.)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Scotsman Hosie For This Useful Post:

Toolmaker51 (Jan 19, 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,766 Times in 4,195 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    I have several 10 ft diameter reels made out of steel tubing. A friend of mine wants to convert my large A frame into the structure for a trebuchet and launch microwaves into the next county So I told him that I have a Schramm pneumatic tractor with a built in 300 CFM air compressor why not take that and a 500 gallon propane tank for compressed air storage a 10 inch butterfly valve and a 40 ft long stick of 8" pipe and make an air cannon. we could turn the reels into Panjandrums but use compressed air and water as the propulsion launch the microwaves at the Panjandrums from the trebuchet and try to shoot them out of the air with pumpkins from the air cannon I have a field large enough to do this in and the proceeds from the ticket sales might eventually pay for my concrete slab for my shop.
    the bad thing about building all of those pieces of junk is it would diminish my supply of useable materials to nothing But I think it could be fun.
    PS; yes my mind is actually that twisted
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank S For This Useful Post:

baja (Jan 19, 2020)

Thanks

jdurand's Tools
    For a theatrical production my wife and I built an air canon for the large confetti (something like 1/2" x 2"). It had quick-change barrels so we didn't have to take time to ram a new load. When I was first testing it I put in a single package of the confetti and only put a little air in it. Pushed the fire button and knocked a hole in a door at the end of the hall. On stage with a LOT of packages in it the confetti went up around 30 feet, cleared the stage and landed in the audience. Now THAT's a scatter gun!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to jdurand For This Useful Post:

baja (Jan 19, 2020)

Thanks

mklotz's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotsman Hosie View Post
    Life is the process of gleaning your personal treasures from the totality of the harvest, not replanting the field.
    – to quote ...you. (I found it to be a keeper.)
    Touche, indeed.

That's some good advice. I'm sorry I didn't follow it. :-)

It was a knee-jerk reaction. I so hate rock and all the other forms of loud, thumping, intrusive modern pop music that I just can't restrain myself from lashing out.
    ---
    Regards, Marv

Home Shop Freeware

15. The Following User Says Thank You to mklotz For This Useful Post:

Toolmaker51 (Jan 19, 2020)

Thanks

ranald's Tools
    Lest the Brits think we're picking on them and their weapon designs, let's examine some of the laughable American designs. My submission is the infamous Bat Bomb...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bat_bomb

Conceived by a dentist, the idea was to drop a non-explosive bat-filled canister which, after being slowed by a parachute, would disperse the bats, each of which was fitted with a tiny napalm charge. The bats would roost in the mostly wooden structures in Japan and cause widespread fires.

Actually, like the Panjandrum, it was a pretty good idea in concept. Much better targeting and wider deployment than possible with conventional bombing, it seemed perfect though the opinion of the bats was not tested.
    Intrigued with your mention of a bat bomb, as our bats all roost together (what a big bang that would be), I had to view for myself. Blow me down if it doesn't look similar to a garden ornament, I made a couple of years back from my repurposed burley mulcher that i had previously repurposed from a spin dryer drum of a twin-tub washing machine.SNCASE SE. 100 fighter - photo-rsz_dsc_0373-2-.jpg

I had a spot planned in my mini rain forest but was unsure if it would receive enough H2O so decided to moniter progress. Some of the hardy succulents have died but most are fine.
    BTW I'm sure that your subsequent comments to T51 don't include CCR, BEATLES, STONES, Joe South or even Dwane Eddy. Regardless I will still enjoy that type of MUSIC . LOL. Is space monkey a type of jamm? Cheers

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information