Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Stadium roof collapses - GIF

Thanks

mlochala's Tools
    That's terrible. It must have been absolutely frightening those last few seconds of his life.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mlochala For This Useful Post:

cmarlow (Feb 3, 2020)

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mlochala View Post
    That's terrible. It must have been absolutely frightening those last few seconds of his life.
    Fear is a function of thought and imagination, and you usually don't have time to imagine or think or be afraid when things are already going south that badly.

The time he should have been afraid was when he was deciding to take a cutting torch and move away from the basket, he had the time to think and imagine how badly his plan could go south at that point.

2000 Tool Plans

4. The Following User Says Thank You to cmarlow For This Useful Post:

mlochala (Feb 3, 2020)

Thanks

mlochala's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by cmarlow View Post
    Fear is a function of thought and imagination, and you usually don't have time to imagine or think or be afraid when things are already going south that badly.

The time he should have been afraid was when he was deciding to take a cutting torch and move away from the basket, he had the time to think and imagine how badly his plan could go south at that point.
    You are correct. A few years ago, I had a terrible accident while bowhunting. I fell out of my treestand and toppled to the ground without any kind of safety harness. The instant it happened, there was no time to be afraid. I just had time for one thought, and that was "This is it."

Fortunately, I survived. I had some major injuries - broken leg, destroyed pelvis, fractured spine, damaged sciatic nerve - but I survived. With God's grace and some major perseverance, I learned to walk again and returned to work in just over four months. Today, I still bear the consequences of that accident, but I can walk, even with barely a noticeable limp at times. I give credit to God for the healing, and for the spirit to not give up. Also, for putting great doctors and rehab professionals at the ready for my ordeal.

The sad thing about it is, I had just purchased a new harness two weeks prior. The only reason I wasn't wearing it that morning is because I was running late and left it at the house.

The most profound moment of that whole experience, though, was that one instant when I thought I was going to die and all I could think was "This is it." It was just a very quick realization that everything in my life - all my work, my experiences, my life with my wife and children - it came to that point. That would be the end of it.

It was quite a spiritual moment for me when I brushed the leaves away from my face and realized I was still alive.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mlochala For This Useful Post:

cmarlow (Feb 3, 2020), rebuilder1954 (Feb 5, 2020)

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Yup, complacency is our worst enemy.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information