Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Swiveling inline wheel wheelbarrow - GIF

Jon
    Jon is offline Jon has agreed the Seller's Terms of Service
    Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,621 Times in 11,284 Posts

Swiveling inline wheel wheelbarrow - GIF

Swiveling inline wheel wheelbarrow.

More: https://beastbarrow.com/

Previously:

Powered wheelbarrow - GIF

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Jon For This Useful Post:

baja (Jan 29, 2019), KustomsbyKent (Jan 31, 2019), Lee Bell (May 27, 2019), oldcaptainrusty (Jan 29, 2019), PJs (Jan 29, 2019), Scotty1 (Jan 28, 2019), Seedtick (Jan 28, 2019), volodar (Jan 29, 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,766 Times in 4,195 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    This is actually a handy idea

2000 Tool Plans
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

Thanks

toma's Tools

5. The Following User Says Thank You to toma For This Useful Post:

PJs (Jan 29, 2019)

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    I would like to see that in action with a fluid load such as wet concrete. The inability to set it down on its regular 3 points when a COG shift occurs could be messy.
    The fact that during a tipping moment the rear is held high and unable to be lowered instantly, plus the fact that the 3 points of contact, (wheels and one leg only), mean the COG could very easily be located outside the tripod. IMHO not suited for its intended use of removing the rear slung heavy load from the users arms.
    A well designed, quality wheelbarrow, has a steep base, deep front with a high lip that prevent overflow when lifted. The wheel axle needs to be located well behind the front lip so that raising the handles a small amount shifts the majority of the weight forward and the wheel carries the load. The rear lip should be lower than the front, (when on its legs), so that during transport the load is carried in a level container.

PJs
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,118 Times in 718 Posts

PJs's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by 12bolts View Post
    I would like to see that in action with a fluid load such as wet concrete. The inability to set it down on its regular 3 points when a COG shift occurs could be messy.
    The fact that during a tipping moment the rear is held high and unable to be lowered instantly, plus the fact that the 3 points of contact, (wheels and one leg only), mean the COG could very easily be located outside the tripod. IMHO not suited for its intended use of removing the rear slung heavy load from the users arms.
    A well designed, quality wheelbarrow, has a steep base, deep front with a high lip that prevent overflow when lifted. The wheel axle needs to be located well behind the front lip so that raising the handles a small amount shifts the majority of the weight forward and the wheel carries the load. The rear lip should be lower than the front, (when on its legs), so that during transport the load is carried in a level container.

No this isn't a sloppy slurry but works.

I think it might be slice bread for most applications...only thing I didn't like very much were the arc handles but I'm with Toma!
    ‘‘Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.’’
    Mark Twain

Thanks

ranald's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Swiveling inline wheel wheelbarrow.

<video controls autoplay loop>
    <source src="https://s3-us-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmt-forum/beast_barrow.mp4" type="video/mp4">
    Your browser does not support the video tag.
    </video>

More: https://beastbarrow.com/

Previously:

http://www.homemadetools.net/forum/p...3222#post98384
    looks all very well & good on that flat solid surface. Would like to see with wet cement on a bouncing plank or ruggard terrain. Like 12bolts mentions, wet cement when operator looses (which he shouldn't) balance is not pretty unless he can drop handles quickly and give most of his weight & strength to high side. seen quite a few failed designs like double front wheeled, higher & lower gravity frames which can be ok in certain circumstances. I bought a tradetools one to replace my 1980 Kelso concretors barrow a while back and it is great with mulch etc but higher centre of gravity makes it a pain for concrete/mortar besides my trailer concrete mixer has to be jacked to allow good filling of barrow. Interestingly the trade tools is as easy to push up hill full as empty but it takes getting used to as the handles are too high for my average height resulying in my having to bend my elbows somewhat when using placing extra strains on my arms.

Thanks

ranald's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by 12bolts View Post
    That joy stick design handles could be a real pain on wrists when filling from a 2 1/2 cu ft mixer too.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information