Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Thanks for the Great Ideas and Tools

Thanks

Thanks for the Great Ideas and Tools

To All Posters: Thanks for sharing the great tools that you've created over the 1771 days that I've been a member but not posted an introduction. To remain in good standing, I'm correcting my failure to post. As I recall, my first personal homemade tool was a steering wheel puller created from a couple of threaded studs (that fit the steering wheel of my almost new 1968 Ford Fairlane 500), a couple of nuts, and a small piece of aluminum bar stock (junk in my garage). It worked great to remove the steering wheel to fix a turn signal switch problem. Now, approaching 50 years later, I still tinker on cars, build outdoor kitchens, and do most everything in between those two things. Numerous small tools have been created to solve minor issues. Just a few weeks ago, I needed to drill a hole through three concrete block laid lengthwise to run a piece of conduit. Finding a concrete bit that long wasn't likely, so I just ground a couple of faces on the end of a 40-inch piece of 1/2" rebar and chucked it into my 1/2" hammer-drill. In a few minutes, my oversight was readily corrected and I had the conduit installed. Thanks again for the great tools. I stand in awe of the talents of all of you. Respectfully, Ray

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    welcome aboard ray

2000 Tool Plans

Jon
    Jon is offline Jon has agreed the Seller's Terms of Service
    Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,139 Times in 11,430 Posts
    Hi terryrc1 - welcome to HomemadeTools.net

Sounds like you'll fit in nicely here

What tools would you like to build next? Click the "Reply to Thread" button below to let me know, and I'll post some relevant links for you.

BTW, here are our best homemade tool builds: Must Read homemade tool builds from HomemadeTools.net

Thanks
    Next up for me is a small-ish sheet-metal brake to finish the vent-hood over my wife's 60-in Wolf range. I've looked at the small ones at Harbor Freight, but they appear too flimsy for the $$. I have some 2"x2" angle in my metal supply stock and I kind of weld with stick, MIG, and oxy-acetylene (mostly for cutting since the MIG made it's way into my shop) - need to get back into practice with all three processes. Other than those couple of items, I don't have any specific needs at the moment. Thanks for the warm welcome. V/R, Ray

Jon
    Jon is offline Jon has agreed the Seller's Terms of Service
    Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,139 Times in 11,430 Posts

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information