Getting out of my garage this morning, I saw this one and suddenly thought that it is a homemade tool !
It's a magnetic lamp, 100% from salvaged items :
- an old socket and bulb from an old lamp
- an old tin can
- the half of an old shower hose
- a big magnet (ok I bought it, it's for trailers and tractors, but cheap)
- A piece of beech, from an old bed leg.
- an old long cable and plug, from an old vacuum
- inside the hose, a couple of big diameter iron wires that roughly keep the shape I give to them
Isn't it salvation ?
Edit, another time, I will show you my big depth caliper that is hanging on the wall behind ...
Last edited by Christophe Mineau; 09-12-2014 at 04:21 AM.
Nice re-purpose of parts Christophe. Looks like a small 20 watt bulb so I doubt it will burn. I wonder if you could form the can a bit to make it more bell shaped.
Post your reply!
Join 33,912 of us and get our 173 Must Read Homemade Tools eBook free.
Check out MyShopNotes on YouTube.
Christophe Mineau (09-18-2014)
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)