Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Ultimate Glue Up Clamps | Best Design 4 Way Pressure Clamps

Supporting Member tiger carpenter's Avatar
    Thanks

tiger carpenter's Tools

Ultimate Glue Up Clamps | Best Design 4 Way Pressure Clamps

These glue-up clamps are truly the ultimate ultimate clamps out there.

These best design clamps apply 4-way pressure on the glued wooden panel boards, on both sides, as well as they squeeze the glued material top to bottom.

This type of clamps ensures that the wooden panel boards would remain totally flat both at the top and at the bottom surface, while the enormous amount of the pressure is also applied from the sides.

After trying out these ultimate glue-up clamps, I don't think I will ever use the old type clamps, that only apply the clamping pressure from the sides. The old type of the clamps requires using additional tricks to keep the glued panels flat (F-clamps on the seams or the wooden blocks on each 2 boards connection or other solutions).

The four way pressure clamps are the real winner design, which I've seen being used by Lie-Nielsen, and before them, I've seen it on some Russian DIY channels, so by all means, I am not taking the credit for this genius design. But I believe did improve on the Lie-Nielsen and other designs, and I also made my 4 way pressure glue-up clamps truly heavy duty, by using hardened stainless steel hardware.

Because this particular instance of this design of the glue up clamps is my 1st prototype, I will yet replace the bars with the stainless steel square tubing, and the M10 threaded rod will also eventually be stainless steel.I can proudly conclude that the project was very successful, and I honestly won't ever use any other type of the glue-up clamps.

Seriously they are the ULTIMATE ULTIMATE ones.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    At Tiger Carpenter I use both hand and power tools. I put a lot of thought into the design and optimization. I like to come up with the improvements of the tools or jigs that are already out there, and share my ideas or findings with the community so that we all can benefit from each invention.I also implement the principle of aiming for perfection. I learn from the mistakes I made, and I raise the bar for every next project.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to tiger carpenter For This Useful Post:

DIYer (Apr 1, 2021), Hoosiersmoker (Jul 7, 2023), johncg (Apr 1, 2021), Jon (Mar 31, 2021), nova_robotics (Mar 30, 2021), Priemsy (Apr 4, 2021), Scotsman Hosie (Apr 3, 2021), Slim-123 (Apr 4, 2021), whitebear (Mar 31, 2021)

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,852 Times in 1,653 Posts

Thanks tiger carpenter! We've added your Pressure Clamp to our Clamps category,
    as well as to your builder page: tiger carpenter's Homemade Tools. Your receipt:

2000 Tool Plans

Thread Information