Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Unique folding door design - video

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    The swing profile seems too similar to a standard door for it to be a significant space saver. And it looks expensive and tedious to build. Beyond amusement/entertainment, maybe an ultra-niche application: submarine, spacecraft, etc.?

Other than that, like many of the short videos we see, it seems confined to "idea value", in that it spurs us to ideate other more useful concepts.

You people (mklotz, olderdan, Jon) have no imagination. This door would be perfect for any application where a normal swinging door is impracticable and a pocket door or sliding door mechanism takes up too much space. Besides that, it is really "different". My biggest worry about that door would be keeping out rain and that it provides no protection from outside air temperatures, although it could be slightly redesigned to do so.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thanks
    Thanked 6,394 Times in 2,119 Posts

mklotz's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Rattlerjake View Post
    You people (mklotz, olderdan, Jon) have no imagination. ...
    Bold statement for someone who has yet to show us any products of his own imagination. No offense, just saying.

2000 Tool Plans
    ---
    Regards, Marv

Home Shop Freeware
    https://www.myvirtualnetwork.com/mklotz

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mklotz For This Useful Post:

Jon (Jul 29, 2019), olderdan (Jul 29, 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,788 Times in 4,207 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    I would say that such a door would only be good as an interior door where no security or climate control from outside would be required. But that having been said it would be quite possible to fashion sealing capability and as for a locking mechanism that could be added as well but I have my doubts of the likely hood of real world acceptance for an exterior door anytime soon. Interior or novelty yes some people always seem to want the odd or bazar for their homes
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mklotz View Post
    Bold statement for someone who has yet to show us any products of his own imagination. No offense, just saying.
    So says the internet inventor who simply makes or miniaturizes tools that have already been invented. Haven't seen a single product you provided that will make a noticeable improvement to civilization. I'm sure people are tearing down your door for a miniature cement mixer, or a pair of tweezers with a magnifying glass glued to it! More people will install that crazy door than will make or use ALL of your products put together! No offense, just saying!

Jon
    Jon is online now Jon has agreed the Seller's Terms of Service
    Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,837 Times in 11,335 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rattlerjake View Post
    So says the internet inventor who simply makes or miniaturizes tools that have already been invented. Haven't seen a single product you provided that will make a noticeable improvement to civilization. I'm sure people are tearing down your door for a miniature cement mixer, or a pair of tweezers with a magnifying glass glued to it! More people will install that crazy door than will make or use ALL of your products put together! No offense, just saying!
    See Nutpicking, AKA the "weak man fallacy" and Overgeneralization. Every guy here with many homemade tools (mklotz has 223 listed here so far) can have a couple of them picked out and fallaciously presented as a representation of the entire set.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jon For This Useful Post:

mklotz (Jul 30, 2019), ranald (Aug 1, 2019)

Thanks

Ralphxyz's Tools
    Rattlerjake, you are really coming across as a real Asshole!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ralphxyz For This Useful Post:

mklotz (Jul 30, 2019), rgsparber (Aug 1, 2019)

Thanks
    So... is he a fake asshole? I like the funkey doors. I would also get mangled by it....whats life without some fun and whats fun without some blood shed hear and there( not referring to wars and violence) yes seals could be used, but who wants to go out and club some seals just for a floor mat. and not all places in the world needs AC or heat to be confined ,hear yes but not everywhere. of coarse on the moon you may need something to help keep the atmosphere in where you needs it to bee. and remember we all have assholes.some people just choose to show theirs more often or wear it on their sleeve( or possibly just wipe it there.) and then some of us just let asshole sleep in while we do our work uninterrupted.

Thanks

Frank S's Tools
    I'm not going to name any person or hopefully not form this post as any form of derogatory inflaming post.
    That being said though. Seriously? is there or are there any person or persons who view and or contribute to the community of HMT.net any more or less of a contributor to society based on the tools they may or not take upon themselves to build nor would the significance of the tool design size finish or functionality have any bearing as to whether or not they are important. There are some members here with an extremely unique skill set and some with a multiple of skills.
    meaning everyone has something to contribute or not that is their choice.
    Any attempt of attacking another or as I call it trying to troll another into a reaction or retaliation to a comment is just wrong in the way I personally view things.
    I know I won't hang around where this practice takes place unless it is all meant to be done in fun and even then that can always be misconstrued or taken in the wrong way.
    OK I've had my rant and apologize if I have offended anyone.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank S For This Useful Post:

DIYSwede (Jul 30, 2019)

Thanks
    Ill raise your appleoligy and add I hope is was done jokinglee like my spellen. but yes there are assholes out there. and some make some neet **** too.and others just fart around stinking up the place. I like the good **** that I can use or modify for my own usage.but I dont mind a good fart is Im down wind....oops up wind!!!! some people never have anything good **** add, but they must feel better if they just add some sort of stink to it. we all know people like that.I tend to stay away from them as much as possible.it's just not good for the soul being around it.and hell to get off the soul after you step in it axidently or if the asshole is slinging it around thier head and you happen to get some on you, just wipe it off and go about your day, you can not fight **** with **** it just makes more ****.I prefer top make toys&tools. and sometimes a scraper to clean my shewes souls.and dispose of it properly...in the neighbors yard.
    I did spend the last 5 days in DC and surrounding areas Alexandria& Arlington. lots of **** there.some real nice some not so nice.and history of lotsa of ****....but I am gladd I went.
    Last edited by marksbug; Jul 30, 2019 at 12:05 PM. Reason: alteration

Thanks

Frank S's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Loose Ctrl View Post
    Damn that floor is squeeky.
    How about we get back to the door?
    That center hinges would be unique to use for other applications since it must be of some type of ball and socket design to be able to function smoothly through 2 planes of operation

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank S For This Useful Post:

DIYSwede (Jul 30, 2019)

Thread Information