Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Unskilled workers - GIF

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,236 Times in 9,716 Posts

Unskilled workers - GIF

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Altair For This Useful Post:

baja (Feb 18, 2020), dubbby (Jan 23, 2021), EnginePaul (Feb 18, 2020), greyhoundollie (Feb 23, 2020), homey_g (Jan 24, 2021), Jon (Feb 18, 2020), Little Rabbit (Feb 17, 2020), Marnat3 (Feb 27, 2020), NortonDommi (May 22, 2021), Rangi (Feb 17, 2020), Seedtick (Feb 17, 2020)

Thanks
    Dont laugh. In a country we lived in during the early 70's we would find many discarded "tear tab" drink cans with the tab intack and two holes punched either side of it.

2000 Tool Plans

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Rangi For This Useful Post:

greyhoundollie (Feb 23, 2020)

Thanks

IntheGroove's Tools
    That's funny stuff...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to IntheGroove For This Useful Post:

greyhoundollie (Feb 23, 2020)

Supporting Member Hoosiersmoker's Avatar
    Thanks
    It took me 5 minutes to dry my eyes to see well enough to write this. It's just a good thing they put a ramp on the stairs so the guy carrying the wheelbarrow didn't trip. And nearly loosing a finger to open a pull top can from the bottom took my lungs away. I would hate to own the market with that guy running the scales. He would be selling 8 oz trash bags full of product for .05c! But at least the one guy had the courtesy to knock before he tried to enter the elevator.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hoosiersmoker For This Useful Post:

greyhoundollie (Feb 23, 2020), NortonDommi (May 22, 2021)

Supporting Member
    Thanks

old kodger's Tools
    it's either funny, bloody sad, or a setup job for the vid

Thanks

JeffEck's Tools

Scared to laugh

I am too scared to laugh. Am I the only one that noticed they were all black? Is this or could this be construde as racist, calling black people stupid? I ask out of innocence as I am just a farm boy. There is no meaningful difference between any people, we just have pigmentation variants. I may not like some people I meet, but it will never be over something as meaningless as pigmentation of the skin... Am I making a mountain out of a molehill or?

Thanks

IntheGroove's Tools
    Don't take it too seriously. It's just parody and it was most likely made by a black person...

12. The Following User Says Thank You to IntheGroove For This Useful Post:

Jon (Feb 28, 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,378 Times in 2,116 Posts

mklotz's Tools
    It's only racist if someone points it out. Oh, wait...
    ---
    Regards, Marv

Home Shop Freeware
    https://www.myvirtualnetwork.com/mklotz

Jon
    Jon is offline Jon has agreed the Seller's Terms of Service
    Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,616 Times in 11,283 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffEck View Post
    I ask out of innocence as I am just a farm boy. There is no meaningful difference between any people, we just have pigmentation variants.
    I appreciate your honesty, and yes, to be frank, this opinion falls closer to the trailing edge of modern scientific understanding on this topic.

There are genetic differences between races, and these differences manifest themselves in different genetic characteristics (for example, differing presence of certain genetic diseases among different races), as well as performance characteristics, both physical (for example, sprinting speed and race), and mental (for example, IQ test scores and race). The belief that these differences are due solely to environmental factors used to be more prevalent and socially acceptable, but has fallen out of favor in the scientific community, and increasingly among laypersons as well. When the same organisms are exposed to different geographies, they evolve differently (not necessarily better or worse), and that difference is not limited solely to skin pigmentation, or height, or any other physically obvious characteristics. We really are diverse, and not just because of skin color.

There is extraordinary tension in society over this concept. For an example in the scientific community, look at the controversy surrounding how Dr. James Watson (a co-discoverer of DNA), sold his Nobel prize in protest over the reaction to comments he made tying race to intelligence. For an example in academia, look at how Dr. Allison Stanger was beaten and brain-damaged by a mob of 67 students for hosting a speaker at Middlebury College who did the same.

Regardless, racism is the belief that people should be accorded different social, political, or economic rights based on their race, and not the notion that races are different beyond just different skin pigmentation.

Fortunately, we are equal opportunity internet citizens, so we're happy to laugh at videos featuring people of all races

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jon For This Useful Post:

Altair (Jun 1, 2020), IntheGroove (Feb 28, 2020), NortonDommi (May 22, 2021), Toolmaker51 (Nov 20, 2022)

Thanks
    you cant fix stupid. and stupid have no race....well it does but it lost the race.

Thread Information