Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: AN UNUSUAL MOTOR

Supporting Member
    Thanks

mariost's Tools

AN UNUSUAL MOTOR

In this motor there are no coils , magnetic fields, magnets, and brushes.There are only two bearings connected by a metal axis.
    The current flows through the first bearing, the axis and then the other bearing. The electrical power supply is connected to the outer rings of the bearings.

MOTOR PROPERTIES:
    1. the engine must be first started. Cannot start alone with the current.
    2. the motor rotates in either direction.
    3. the engine is working both direct current and alternating current.The power is approximately 5 to 12 Volts with very strong current , about 20 or more Amps.(this is a short circuit and after a few seconds everything is too hot.)
    There are different explanation. One of them is :
    "In the ball bearing Motor" the current passes through inner race of one side ball bearing , then to the shaft , outer race of other ball bearing , then to inner race , causes a temporally expansion of each ball , deforms it to elliptical and adds pressure between inner & outer race then cause a moment of rotation , for that reason , it needs a prime movement to sustain rotation , by the way it doesn't matter whether the current is DC or AC , it just used to heat up the balls.
    If you want to learn more you can also visit thiw link for a scientific explanation.
    http://www.physics.princeton.edu/~mcd...
    I saw thiw motor at yhe internet and i thaught it waw fake. But it wasn't. I haven' t found a good expanation.For me is still a mystery. They talk about the exantion of the balls that produce the circular movement but i am not sur that iw correct.

YOU CAN SEE THE USE AND THE CONSTRUCTION HERE.

If you want to learn more you can also visit thiw link for a scientific explanation.
    http://www.physics.princeton.edu/~mcd...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AN   UNUSUAL   MOTOR-11-10-2018-8-57-48-.jpg  

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mariost For This Useful Post:

123pugsy (Feb 28, 2019)

Thread Information