Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: useful charts or calculators for working metals and other materials

Thanks
    Thanked 8,766 Times in 4,195 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    I downloaded it the printer driver and whatever else it wanted me to download now I have to kill my other PDF program before my computer will recognize it From what I've seen do far it looks about as quirky as windoze 8 was first thing it wanted to do was to make Internet explorer my default I'm not even sure I still have IE and for sure don't have any version of it later than the year 2008, but we'll see.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    Last edited by Frank S; Oct 2, 2018 at 02:02 PM.
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

Thanks

nhengineer's Tools
    Respectfully, I think you started off with a negative attitude Frank; no offense intended. I didn't need to kill anything to get it to work. I've been using it for about 15 years without a whisper of a problem. I haven't updated IE during that same 15 years and my 995 works slick. Keep trying.

2000 Tool Plans

3. The Following User Says Thank You to nhengineer For This Useful Post:

PJs (Oct 2, 2018)

Thanks

Frank S's Tools
    Yeah my acrobat reader keeps trying to over ride

Thanks

Frank S's Tools
    Well I guess I've totally lost all cognitive abilities either that or I'm going to have to knock a larger hole in my AV.
    Trying to launch the pdf995 thing I find it is not a standalone in the usual sense Opened up the program drop menu for sxtracting an existing pdf file on my PC First had to kill acrobat reader so it wouldn't try an override because every file I tried to open with the pdf 995 thing acrobat would create a null fill out of it. 995 thing wouldn't open them so Restored all of the files to previous versions uninstalled everything that was related to PDF 995 deleted every known and unknown entry associated with PDF995 completely from the registry restarted the PC downloaded the 2 step process again paid close attention to what it asked tried it again on files already on PC same results
    In PDF995's defense it has a lot of nice features that I feel I will like once I get it if I get it working.

Thanks

nhengineer's Tools
    You need to tell your browser to use 995 instead of Acrobat. Tell me which browser you're using and I'll finger it out and tell you how.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to nhengineer For This Useful Post:

PJs (Oct 3, 2018)

Thanks

Frank S's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by nhengineer View Post
    You need to tell your browser to use 995 instead of Acrobat. Tell me which browser you're using and I'll finger it out and tell you how.
    That's the thing I have never used my browsers for working off line I do most my work in office the only time I use a browser is when I print or save as from a web page. Acrobat has its own sub routine that I suppose uses one of the office formats or windows explorer,or maybe it uses one of the browsers off line. I figure that I can set Pdf 995 to either chrome firefox or one of the others that I have without much problems.
    The biggest thing was my AV hates everything until I teach it that I think it is OK to run the exe

Thanks

nhengineer's Tools
    Frank, tell me one of the things you're having trouble with and I'll do a step by step for you.

Thanks

Frank S's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by nhengineer View Post
    Frank, tell me one of the things you're having trouble with and I'll do a step by step for you.
    I'll have to wait until I have time to download it again right now I have no trace of it in my PC so that the next time I download it I will place my AV in monitor but not take action mode another words put it and windows defender to sleep. I will also have to make sure the wife is not using her computer since hers runs behind mine and I get pinged all the time when she is playing online games her computer is essentially bare foot but nothing gets past the firewalls to her . Archaic I know but this has worked for em for a long time

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    Last edited by Frank S; Oct 4, 2018 at 12:42 PM.

Thread Information