Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Variable Tension, current limited, 10Amp Power Supply Unit

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Hi Christophe, that’s awesome. Thanks for posting. What is it about posting your ideas that has you thinking of quitting?
    Thanks Stuart, Australia.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scrounga For This Useful Post:

Christophe Mineau (Feb 1, 2020), greyhoundollie (Feb 1, 2020)

Thanks
    Great project. Without your projects, this would be a much poorer place. I find them very interesting, please keep posting.

Regards Eddy.

2000 Tool Plans

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to edgrew For This Useful Post:

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Keep posting Christophe Mineau. I am sure your posts have given some other guy "just the idea" he needed as he was trying to figure out a way to do something not closely related to the item you have made. In short the posts we see here turns on the "light bulb" in someones brain today and every day in the future.

Thanks for your posts!
    Last edited by greyhoundollie; Feb 1, 2020 at 10:19 AM.

Thanks

SASocal's Tools
    Love your project ... can relate to it as ive just about wraped up my own ATX PS conversion - 95% stolen ideas and models off thingieverse ...

Curious about a comment you posted ;
    I put everything in a nice homemade wooden enclosure (no , it is not 3D printed, that's not the idea).
    Why wood - why not 3d ... you did it for a defined purpose - Im honestly wanting to learn why - im new to electronics modding - thinking there s something about this wood enclosure perhaps I need to learn.

thanks for sharing your works - keep rockin - por favor

Variable Tension, current limited, 10Amp Power Supply Unit-2020-02-01_1310.png
    Last edited by SASocal; Feb 1, 2020 at 02:17 PM.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SASocal For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,628 Times in 705 Posts

tonyfoale's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by SASocal View Post
    Why wood - why not 3d ...
    Christophe is a wood worker par excellence. The wood has nothing to do with electronics.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tonyfoale For This Useful Post:

Supporting Member Christophe Mineau's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,687 Times in 481 Posts

Christophe Mineau's Tools
    Hi ,
    Waoh, I'm sorry, I was traveling the last few days, I was kept away from my PC (sometimes this is something we need to do).

I fear maybe I brought some confusion in the few , maybe too ironic, words I left in my post.
    I think I was maybe in a bad day and in a bad mood, but yes, that's what I've been thinking, maybe being wrong, for a while.
    All the time I spent writing detailed articles on my Web site or here or more recently on Facebook pages, is it really worth it, and shouldn't I spend more time for me in my shop rather than loosing my time on the Web with so few feedback.
    I think I am getting maybe old timer with the Web. I have nostalgia for that time where I learned so many things from the Web, could exchange with great people on forums, out of any form of business, just for the sake of sharing passion and knowledge and growing up all together.
    This era has gone, and now people posting things on Youtube mostly want to monetize their things, sometimes they have real creativity, but now, very often ...
    No need to talk about facebook pages (mostly woodworking), where you can see a huge number of followers and some illusion of activity, but actually, this is very rare to pick useful stuff there.
    Sharing with people is mostly summarized by one of two exchanges through comments in few words, and afterwards you never hear about that person any more.
    A the end, it's only a self satisfaction platform where you count the number of likes you can collect with your posts, but .. what else ?

HMT keeps, as you may all know, my real true forum of choice, where there is a true community of passionate people I really like.
    I think, on the long range, we end up knowing ourselves somewhat, appreciating each one's personality and knowledge and contributions.
    But even here, and this is not to set any criticism towards Jon who I know does his best for providing us with a great platform with not (too) much advertising and so on, while making his living probably with it, but I get the strange feeling that things are changing ...
    I see now that a majority of home made tools posted here are actually a repost of mostly Utub posts, with a clear strategy of monetization, with nice logos and long preamble to the glory of the Youtuber ...
    OK, that's not for me ...
    But sad enough, I really feel that people also react less as a forum on such posts and there are fewer exchanges or at least constructive exchanges on such posts.
    Well, that's it, but at the end of the day, I really question myself why bothering posting things that will get lost among all this ?

Well friends, all your feedback's here on that thread tend to demonstrate I must be wrong and there are still people interested with simply, freely , sharing ideas !

And to answer to SASocal above about my ironical allusion to 3D printed stuff, that's just because 3D printed things represent exactly the stereotype of things I find mostly useless, ugly, poor, and often seen on Youtube DIY videos.
    Actually, this is my personal touch. I love doing tools, but when I can, prefer to make them pretty, and craft them with my hands.
    If you want to know everything, my professional occupation is engineering in electronics and computer science, and it is a true passion.
    But what I deeply admire the most, what really makes me thrill, is craftsmanship. Mastering things with one's hands, using nice materials.
    So what I love doing above all is melting craftsmanship with science, physics, technology.
    Luthiery for instance, is the most typical domain where you need the highest degree of craftsmanship with equally a high understanding of physics and acoustics.
    And sometimes I manage to make funny things out of wood and digital stuff (see my talking toolbox, I had few feedback on this one) or my digital finger box jig.

Well, me the first, I think I need to contribute more to other's contributions, but please, keep in mind that this is always useful to post comments, share your points of views and experiences, this is appreciated by posters like me !

Read you soon.
    Cheers !
    Christophe
    Creative Commons BY-NC-SA license.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Christophe Mineau For This Useful Post:

greyhoundollie (Feb 1, 2020)

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SASocal View Post
    Love your project ... can relate to it as ive just about wraped up my own ATX PS conversion - 95% stolen ideas and models off thingieverse ...

Curious about a comment you posted ;

Why wood - why not 3d ... you did it for a defined purpose - Im honestly wanting to learn why - im new to electronics modding - thinking there s something about this wood enclosure perhaps I need to learn.

thanks for sharing your works - keep rockin - por favor

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2020-02-01_1310.png 
Views:	146 
Size:	916.9 KB 
ID:	33358
    It could be as simple as Christophe, like me, doesn't have a 3D printer

Thanks

Saltfever's Tools
    edit. . . DELETED because already answered.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    Last edited by Saltfever; Feb 8, 2020 at 11:41 PM.

Thread Information