Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Vegetable shredder - GIF

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,699 Times in 9,869 Posts

Vegetable shredder - GIF

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thanks

metric_taper's Tools
    When I was in high school (~1973) I worked for Kentucky Fried chicken in the kitchen as a cook. One of the jobs was making cole slaw. They had a huge machine that was made in Germany, with safety interlocks. It made a batch that was dumped into a plastic 32 gallon garbage can, and placed in the freezer. I wish I would have found out the slaw dressing recipe, as I always liked it better then my moms.

The 9 special spices all came premixed with flour to coat the chicken with before pressure frying in oil at 400F. 2 minutes open cooking, then cap it for another 8 at 15PSI. Small batch of 2 chickens of breaded parts at a time, but there were 8 gas burners so there could be that many pots simultaneously cooking chicken. Worst day was Mothers day, seems dad would take mom out for her day off.

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks
    I worked for a short while for a company that sold and serviced restaurant and commercial kitchen equipment. Worked on a couple of Hobart VCM's when I was there. VCM is "Vertical Cutter Mixer, essentially a large food processor. A large stainless bowl with some scary looking curved blades at the bottom, driven by a 5HP 3phase motor. It had an interlock switch to hopefully prevent it running with the cover open, but it was still a pretty intimidating machine.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information