Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: WHat are these holes for?

Thanks

IntheGroove's Tools
    A saw with the bosses...
    WHat are these holes for?-fblack_amp_decker_ts750_table_saw__router_5a09970962e94.jpeg

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thanks

mlochala's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by bruce.desertrat View Post
    I found a discarded Ryobi cheap tablesaw on the side of the road the other day, grabbed it for parts (the fence on my noname import broke and this one had a good fence)

And the table has holes in the same place as on mine (and most every other cheap import tablesaw like it I've ever seen, kinda guess they're all made in the same factory) I've looked around and haven't found any explanation for them. IS there actually a purpose for them?

(You couldn't easily use them to mount a router, for example, because there's nothing on the underside to support a use like that.

Attachment 40652
    It's possible those holes might have served a purpose in the production process with no design intent at all for the end consumer. Perhaps those holes are required for the casting process or they might even be used in the assembly process, such as a grab point for robots, etc.

As an example, it's not uncommon to find such details or features on automotive parts which are used only for the production process. This includes various mounting holes, slots, and sometimes even complete brackets that are never used again after the vehicle is assembled.

2000 Tool Plans

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Those are speed holes.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information