Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Why you never throw away old stock - GIF

Thanks
    Thanked 8,789 Times in 4,207 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    I have self-diagnosed myself as having extreme T.A.D. (tool acquisition disorder) and H.A.D. (hardware acquisition disorder) these mental conditions are often fed by one or more of my other high spectrum disorders. Not the least of which is my A.P.S. (auction participation syndrome) If a tool in an auction catches my eye, I'm going to place at least a minimal nuisance bid on it. Should the tool be contained in a mixed lot along with an assortment of other items so much the better. When it comes to bins, trays or drawers, denoting contents included. I will bid on it, regardless of the unknown quantity or types or even quality of hardware contained within. I now have literally dozens of those plastic and small metal assorted parts bin cabinets with hundreds of little plastic trays in them. The eclectic assortment of hardware I own will rival any good ACE, TrueValue, or even Home gone to pot (Home Depo) hardware isles. I open each bin or tray to see what treasures are contained inside but that is about as far as I go to catalog the contents. 5,6, or even 10 years down the line I might be doing something that requires an odd item. I usually remember I have seen one in my inventory; I may have seen it many times through the years but was it in a blue, red, gray, yellow or other color parts cabinet? Or could it have been in a metal drawer? For me sometimes the search is more fun than finding what I am looking for because I will see so many things I'm not even aware of still having.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Frank S For This Useful Post:

baja (Jan 15, 2024), nova_robotics (Mar 26, 2024), Philip Davies (Jan 14, 2024)

Jon
    Jon is online now Jon has agreed the Seller's Terms of Service
    Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,861 Times in 11,344 Posts
    These same guys did a good job with this entry for the TikTok short film competition. Note their use of reflections. 1:20 video:

2000 Tool Plans

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jon For This Useful Post:

nova_robotics (Mar 26, 2024)

Thread Information