Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Wiring an MC60 control board for a treadmill motor for use with a potentiometer

Supporting Member makin sawdust's Avatar
    Thanks

makin sawdust's Tools

Wiring an MC60 control board for a treadmill motor for use with a potentiometer

I want to build a desktop precision lathe, so I needed to start with a powerplant. Treadmill motors are plenty and finding one with a good control board is key. There are many uses for treadmill re-power machines, so I share this in hopes to inspire another and also get some ideas.

Follow Makin' Sawdust on Facebook | Subscribe to Makin' Sawdust on YouTube

ALL of my videos will be uploaded to both platforms

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    Last edited by makin sawdust; Mar 16, 2021 at 06:25 PM. Reason: My cat stepped on the 'enter' key and posted before I was ready. I needed to add the URL to my FB and YT channel links.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to makin sawdust For This Useful Post:

EnginePaul (Mar 17, 2021), jambli (Mar 17, 2021), lsb (Mar 19, 2021), pract7ww (Mar 18, 2021), Scotsman Hosie (Mar 18, 2021), Slim-123 (Mar 21, 2021), sossol (Mar 17, 2021)

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Absolutely love treadmill motors. I have used them to repower a benchtop drill press and am near completing converting a HF 1" x 30" sander as well. Designed and built a 2"x48" belt sander for a friend using the MC 60. Not all come with the MC 60 boards which are essentially "plug and play" and I have used SCR with bridge rectifier (can be found in other post or on utube). I have plans to convert my HF lathe, and Craftsman Bandsaw - this Summer as well. The ability to control speed without changing belts is just so convenient, and treadmill motors are usually 1.25 h.p. or better. The newer MC boards use a pulse width modulation method to control speed and I will be experimenting with an inexpensive PWM generator this summer also.

2000 Tool Plans

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Nick79 For This Useful Post:

makin sawdust (Mar 18, 2021)

Thread Information