Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Woman accidentally discharges pistol - GIF

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,819 Times in 9,923 Posts

Woman accidentally discharges pistol - GIF

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Altair For This Useful Post:

Inner (May 24, 2023), nova_robotics (May 23, 2023), that_other_guy (May 28, 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,789 Times in 4,207 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    This person has absolutely no business even being near a firearm of any kind until after attending a firearms safety training course, and possibly not even then.
    Folks this video just goes to show that these things are not toys to be played with. She finally figured out how to insert the magazine, then racked the slide, the weapon is not fully live. What does she do? starts squeezing the trigger, dumb. Did she even know how to operate the safety? Apparently not. When she ejected the magazine instead of clearing the weapon by racking the slide to eject the cartridge before doing anything else she starts to point the weapon down and it discharges. To me that means she flipped the safety trying to eject the magazine, we already saw she has no concept of trigger control. Never put a loaded magazine in a weapon until you know how to disassemble and reassemble that weapon while blind folded. There are far too many Alec Baldwins in this world already.

2000 Tool Plans
    Last edited by Frank S; May 22, 2023 at 11:27 PM.
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

Thanks

BuffaloJohn's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank S View Post
    She finally figured out how to insert the magazine, then racked the slide, the weapon is not fully live.
    I'm not challenging your safety concerns Frank, but as soon as she racked the slide, the gun was loaded. I have a gun like that which has the hammer block safety on the back of the slide. That position she had the safety in, on my gun, is the Fire position. So, with a round chambered, my gun is fully live.

She is a billboard of what not to do...

Thanks

Frank S's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloJohn View Post
    I'm not challenging your safety concerns Frank, but as soon as she racked the slide, the gun was loaded. I have a gun like that which has the hammer block safety on the back of the slide. That position she had the safety in, on my gun, is the Fire position. So, with a round chambered, my gun is fully live.

She is a billboard of what not to do...
    That was a typo and not proof reading should have been now fully live
    Yes she could make poster child of the month of what not to.
    I have 1 small frame pocket 9mm made by Diamond firearms. It was in a batch of non-ops or wall hangers that I bought from a pawn shop I probably paid 25.00 for it which IMO was way over priced LOL. It was brand new never fired still in the box, but the guy told me his boss said it could only be sold as non-op because it was not made with a mechanical safety. SO I slid the slide off and tweaked as couple of bits with a plier. Now it truly was nonoperational. put it back in the box bought it and half a dozen rifles and shot guns. Sent the 9mm to the manufacture, they either repaired or replaced whatever was wrong with it, sent it back under full warranty No charge. had paperwork showing it was test fired 20 rounds. I loaded the magazine fired 9 rounds cleaned the little POS and put it back in the box in my closet Never to be fired by me again. The frame is too small for me to hold onto comfortably and it still does not have a mechanical safety, I won't sell it or give it away because I feel the only safe way to carry it is with a zip tie through the chamber and barrel

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank S For This Useful Post:

BuffaloJohn (May 23, 2023)

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    That is a child. And somehow got ahold of a firearm with no knowledge. Not sure where this occurred. But a firearm should be considered dangerous at all times. Loaded or not. Any other info on this ?

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    No amount of gun control would have prevented this. She looks way to young to even purchase the handgun legally in the US.

Thanks

Frank S's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by joeljensen View Post
    No amount of gun control would have prevented this. She looks way to young to even purchase the handgun legally in the US.
    Yes there is. It's called parental guidance

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank S For This Useful Post:

piper184 (May 28, 2023)

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Every gun is loaded and will shoot itself. Clean a gun. Put it into a drawer unloaded. Take it out, and it will have magically loaded itself. Guns only work if they're loaded, and every gun is loaded. As much as the girl is the idiot, so too is the camera person.
    Yeah, a little dis-jointed reply here. The point is, anytime you see someone waving a gun around like that, get behind a bullet proof barrier. How many times in this vid did she point the gun at the videographer? sheesh.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information