Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Woman getting a better view of the eclipse - photo

Jon
    Jon is online now Jon has agreed the Seller's Terms of Service
    Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,793 Times in 11,326 Posts

Woman getting a better view of the eclipse - photo

A stepstool refurbished into an up-close eclipse viewer. I need to remember this trick for the next eclipse.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jon For This Useful Post:

Seedtick (Sep 1, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,391 Times in 2,118 Posts

mklotz's Tools
    Well, you have to get really close when taking flash pictures.

2000 Tool Plans
    ---
    Regards, Marv

Home Shop Freeware
    https://www.myvirtualnetwork.com/mklotz

Thanks
    Thanked 8,786 Times in 4,206 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    I wonder if the resolution and focus would have been better if she would have used a 10 ft stepladder
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

Thanks
    Thanked 2,980 Times in 1,893 Posts

Toolmaker51's Tools
    Bet she's not strong enough for my 14' fiberglass double stepladder. Thinking I'll link a visualization here...teehee. 14' won't improve her view, like those across the street...
    When I still lived in LA, we had a dynamite FM album oriented rock station [AOR]. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KMET_(FM) with personalities like broadcast equivalent of an interpretive artist Jim Ladd https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Ladd Cemented my appreciation of real artists, that remains to this day; not inane top 40 as mere sales enterprises. I promise, read the links. KMET every bit epic as Radio Caroline or XERB pirate stations, maybe even Radio Free Europe.
    Will tell you all; I know folks who'll relate at least one of those changed their lives in some manner. Way more than just 'entertainment'.

Anyway, I'll never forget day DJ 'Paraquat' Kelly, who often linked music offerings, once played "Here Comes the Sun" by The Beatles, then he voiced "...and here comes the moon" cueing up "Fat-Bottomed Girls" by Queen. Driving home, I had to pull off; 91 Fwy @ Bellflower Blvd, just north of Artesia Blvd, around corner is Chris & Pitts barbecue landmark, and Ricci's genuine Italian Deli.
    Better termed as pull over, laughing too hard to motor safely.
    SoCal buddies, this ring any bells?
    Sincerely,
    Toolmaker51
    ...we'll learn more by wandering than searching...

Thanks

Frank S's Tools
    nope a 14 ft wouldn't have been helped any more than those in CA found out that putting sunscreen in their eyes because they didn't have the recommended special sunglasses didn't help
    Never been much of a radio listener or a huge music fan if I was riding with someone and they had the radio on it was just there if I was driving I usually only turned mine on when driving late at night just to break up the boredom until a couple months ago my truck didn't even have a radio in it only installed one at the behest of the wife for our trip to Vashon WA. even then I doubt if it was switch on more than a couple of times. As a younger I used to listen some so can remember snippets of many songs and a few of the artist behind them. But there is this one song by a little known group named Blood Rock Couldn't tell you the name of the song if you put me under hypnosis if that is something that can actually be done but I remember 1 short verse probably from the chorus line ( I REMEMBER WE WERE FLYING LOW AND HIT SOMETHING IN THE AIR) it was around 3 AM I was home on leave before shipping out on yet another TDY (temporary duty)assignment driving along in my blue 64 Nova 327 4 speed with a brand new set of glass belted tires just bought that morning no idea what my speed was since the speedometer stopped at 120 THe DJ had just announced this groups new song then as soon as that short line had played my left front tire exploded just as I was approaching a bridge I hit both sided of that bridge at least 3 times before exiting leaving the road I sliced clean through a main utility pole at about 6 or 8 feet up taking out the top par of the pole leaving the stub standing my momentum carried me several hundred feet out in a field after I finally got stopped and my wits slowly returned if I in fact ever had any that is. I got out and walked the 15 remaining miles home I didn't even know that I had been injured at all until the next morning just minor cuts and heavy bruising and 1 tooth broken off. The car on the other hand wasn't much left on that hadn't been scrapped bent or mangled.
    So yes I'll testify that there is at lest 1 song that changed my life LOL

Thanks
    Thanked 2,980 Times in 1,893 Posts

Toolmaker51's Tools
    I know how, might be able to find Frank's tune. But "we were flying low and hit something in the air" initiated at least two similar visuals.
    "Hot Rod Lincoln" https://www.google.com/search?q=hot+...utf-8&oe=utf-8 San Pedro & The Grapevine references fit me better than Frank S.
    "It Came Out of the Sky" https://www.google.com/search?q=it+c...utf-8&oe=utf-8 avoiding references to a particular housing type
    and to Frank S, a special gift https://www.google.com/search?q=D.O....utf-8&oe=utf-8 no comment....no code for smiley holding his ears!
    Sincerely,
    Toolmaker51
    ...we'll learn more by wandering than searching...

Thanks

Frank S's Tools
    That's the mane of it DOA by Blood rock

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information