Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Wood Metal/ design Fab , 32, so cal

Thanks

Wood Metal/ design Fab , 32, so cal

Greetings. Fairly young, entrepreneur. Started building very young. Grew up around large cabinet mfg (family biz) started Installing kitchen cab's in track homes at 21. After a year long pilgrimage to Yosemite as dirt bag rock climber. Moved to the Mtn s. Played off , started own wood biz, worked for a German cab guy, for a couple, he taught me a lot. Other than him, been on my own. At 23 became interested in sustainable design. After dropping out of college for arc eng, learning of destruction and inefficient ways of modern construction, and all the conspiracy's, became sort of an off grid'r. Interested in community's, prepping, etc. Recently began metal working as the endless possibilities of creating grew . Mig welding, OA torch, working on getting a Tig and plasmA. Very interested in making my own tools. Especially a CNC, plasma, router, seems would open up so many doors in building. I've got a million things I'd like to build, and tools help with that. When don't have a lot of money, you become resourceful and creative. I also have a horse, and I'm kinda punk rock. And dream of building /driving a trophy truck, or a rad 4x4 prerunner. I think my desire to turn my 04 f150 into a desert style long travel off road truck, building a cab cage shock mounts , towers, bumpers, dash, really drove my desire and passion for learning how to fabricate with steel and such. Id like to build a trailer with nice suspension. Really like cantilever and link suspension. I've got so much to learn. And I really enjoy the process, of creating, doing things I've never done. And always learning and growing. Yeha

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Jon
    Jon is offline Jon has agreed the Seller's Terms of Service
    Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,171 Times in 11,442 Posts
    Hi Daswright - welcome to HomemadeTools.net

You sound busy and loving it!

What's next up on your projects list? Anything we can help with?

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Hi Daswright - welcome to HomemadeTools.net

You sound busy and loving it!

What's next up on your projects list? Anything we can help with?
    Thanks Jon,

Getting ready to start my first real shop . Been experimenting a little working towards a multi function work table as I'd like to have the following in one setup or multiple: a framing table with swivel or rotisserie with manual type or pnuematic/electric clamping apparati. A tracing/duplicator/ copy system for both flat, wood templates to be converted to Steel, cut with torch or plasma. A face framing table similar to the Ritter or keg table with pneumatic cylinder arms for clamping. I've been working on a straight line cut jig, for and is torch which is close to ready. A basic small scale experiments really. Been very interested in linear slide type mechanism and I'd really like to build a sort of manual cnc and eventually build a real cnc plasma and router. Been a bit of a struggle lately as I'm not setup very well for any precise Metal work, but working on acquiring tools to help: horizontal band saw, nice still press, plasma, tig welder, and more. If you have any ideas advice or general input, ideas that could be helpful. I know my descriptions are vague and All over, but as I inch forward in my ventures I'm sure I'll have more specifics I could use help on. Appreciate the kind gesture. Also, considering building a Tube bender, considering making as die with hardwood.

Jon
    Jon is offline Jon has agreed the Seller's Terms of Service
    Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,171 Times in 11,442 Posts
    Everyone here probably has a similarly complex list

I would consider picking one and completing it to finish first. Which project is most developed?

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information