This is my workbench. It’s similar to ones in old engravings, but made according to scrap materials I had on hand.
It’s a lot different than my old Sjoebergs as well as ones I used in school. It took time learning what worked for me on them, and I was able to apply some of those lessons making it.
The top is made from about fifty pieces of maple that I splined and face glued a few rows at a time, upside down on five or six leveled planks. I used aprons to help resist heavy blows and sagging but angle iron screwed to the bottom probably would’ve been better. The legs are glued up, too.
I made it with dog holes but only added the end vise recently - otherwise I just use clamps, holdfasts and planing stops. Maybe someday I’ll add a front vise, too.