Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Woodworking workbench

Supporting Member threesixesinarow's Avatar
    Thanks

threesixesinarow's Tools

Woodworking workbench

This is my workbench. It’s similar to ones in old engravings, but made according to scrap materials I had on hand.

It’s a lot different than my old Sjoebergs as well as ones I used in school. It took time learning what worked for me on them, and I was able to apply some of those lessons making it.

The top is made from about fifty pieces of maple that I splined and face glued a few rows at a time, upside down on five or six leveled planks. I used aprons to help resist heavy blows and sagging but angle iron screwed to the bottom probably would’ve been better. The legs are glued up, too.

I made it with dog holes but only added the end vise recently - otherwise I just use clamps, holdfasts and planing stops. Maybe someday I’ll add a front vise, too.

Woodworking workbench-wwbench01_newvise.jpg Woodworking workbench-wwbench02_viseinside.jpg

Woodworking workbench-wwbench03_apart.jpg Woodworking workbench-ae2699e5-e636-4af1-8a10-25a7d33fa427.jpeg

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    Last edited by threesixesinarow; Aug 29, 2019 at 06:22 AM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to threesixesinarow For This Useful Post:

DIYer (Aug 29, 2019), Jon (Sep 5, 2019), Slim-123 (Aug 30, 2019)

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,852 Times in 1,653 Posts

Thanks threesixesinarow! We've added your Woodworking Workbench to our Workbenches category,
    as well as to your builder page: threesixesinarow's Homemade Tools. Your receipt:

2000 Tool Plans

Thread Information