Community for builders of homemade tools
Learn to build your own tools and share them with the world.
Homemade Cross Slide DRO
Rick Sparber on rick.sparber.org
Homemade cross slide DRO connected to a diagonal bar. Caliper body is mounted to the apron via support blocks. Diagonal bar is angled at 63.43Âº, forming a 1-2-5 right triangle. 1" movement of the cross slide moves the slider 2". Display is positioned parallel to lathe ways. Reads up to 6" radius.
Rate this build:
Newest Forum Posts
- Antique hand-cranked grinding sto...
- The most important tool in my shop!
- DIY Drill Press Build // Homemade...
- Cast shoulder plane
- Scrap built air hammer
- 200-watt laser bazooka - GIF and ...
- Shaving with an axe - GIF
- Machine for cleaning metal from r...
- Drum Sander
- Simple dowel maker jig made with ...
Related Homemade Tools:
Signup for our newsletter and get the 173 Best Homemade Tools eBook free!