Community for builders of homemade tools
Learn to build your own tools and share them with the world.
Homemade Linear Actuator
Andrew Lewis on makeprojects.com
Homemade linear actuator fabricated from a sewing machine bobbin. A 38 SWG, enameled, copper wire is wound on the bobbin to form a coil. The bobbin is wrapped in PTFE and a small plastic disk is glued to the bottom. A magnet is glued to a plastic rod and a small, copper spring is epoxied to the magnet. The spring/magnet/rod assembly is fitted inside the bobbin center.
Rate this build:
Newest Forum Posts
- Van converted with custom woodwor...
- Unaflow steam engine.
- video of WWII German military hel...
- Shop Made Milling Head, for the l...
- Stainless Steel Cheese Spreader K...
- Maxi Pallet for Milling or CNC R...
- Laser alignment tool
- Power hacksaw
- Table saw with inverted jigsaw.
- 3-in-one wooden high chair/desk/r...
Related Homemade Tools:
Signup for our newsletter and get the 50 Best Homemade Tools eBook free!