Community for builders of homemade tools
Learn to build your own tools and share them with the world.
Homemade Linear Actuator
Andrew Lewis on makeprojects.com
Homemade linear actuator fabricated from a sewing machine bobbin. A 38 SWG, enameled, copper wire is wound on the bobbin to form a coil. The bobbin is wrapped in PTFE and a small plastic disk is glued to the bottom. A magnet is glued to a plastic rod and a small, copper spring is epoxied to the magnet. The spring/magnet/rod assembly is fitted inside the bobbin center.
Rate this build:
Newest Forum Posts
- Travis Steam Engine No 4 build
- Cheap Thin Parallels
- Organizer for the Quantum column ...
- Calculating the radius of a circu...
- Bread guillotine - GIF
- Cheap Through Hole Lap
- Work Holding Chuck For The Mill.....
- Lathe restoration SN20
- Enormous megaphone from silent fi...
- DIY Portable Vendor Display (Free...
Related Homemade Tools:
Signup for our newsletter and get the 50 Best Homemade Tools eBook free!