Community for builders of homemade tools
Learn to build your own tools and share them with the world.
Homemade Linear Actuator
Andrew Lewis on makeprojects.com
Homemade linear actuator fabricated from a sewing machine bobbin. A 38 SWG, enameled, copper wire is wound on the bobbin to form a coil. The bobbin is wrapped in PTFE and a small plastic disk is glued to the bottom. A magnet is glued to a plastic rod and a small, copper spring is epoxied to the magnet. The spring/magnet/rod assembly is fitted inside the bobbin center.
Rate this build:
Newest Forum Posts
- Collet inserts for square stock
- Stump jumper removal press
- INTERLOCKING-BRICK MAKING MACHINE...
- Heavy Duty Adjustable Height Saw ...
- Knurling tool
- Using a bearing install tool to i...
- Single hole adjustable spanner w...
- Third slide for threading on a wa...
- Axle bearing install tool
- Slide hammer bearing puller adapter
Related Homemade Tools:
Signup for our newsletter and get the 50 Best Homemade Tools eBook free!