Community for builders of homemade tools
Learn to build your own tools and share them with the world.
Homemade Linear Actuator
Andrew Lewis on makeprojects.com
Homemade linear actuator fabricated from a sewing machine bobbin. A 38 SWG, enameled, copper wire is wound on the bobbin to form a coil. The bobbin is wrapped in PTFE and a small plastic disk is glued to the bottom. A magnet is glued to a plastic rod and a small, copper spring is epoxied to the magnet. The spring/magnet/rod assembly is fitted inside the bobbin center.
Rate this build:
Newest Forum Posts
- Railcar wheel changeout - GIF
- Ramen packing machine - GIF
- VERSATILE DIGGER FOR PLANTS, SAND...
- Repeating crossbow - GIF
- World's oldest intact ship - vide...
- Monkey teaches human to use tool ...
- Grinding drill bits.
- Tool post riser
- Homemade hand thread tapping mach...
- Measure the temperature of molten...
Related Homemade Tools:
Signup for our newsletter and get the 173 Best Homemade Tools eBook free!