Community for builders of homemade tools
Learn to build your own tools and share them with the world.
Homemade Linear Actuator
Andrew Lewis on makeprojects.com
Homemade linear actuator fabricated from a sewing machine bobbin. A 38 SWG, enameled, copper wire is wound on the bobbin to form a coil. The bobbin is wrapped in PTFE and a small plastic disk is glued to the bottom. A magnet is glued to a plastic rod and a small, copper spring is epoxied to the magnet. The spring/magnet/rod assembly is fitted inside the bobbin center.
Rate this build:
Newest Forum Posts
- Snapping stone slabs - GIF
- Multi V-Block Plans available
- Marking and bundling large hot me...
- Clamping forging tongs from sprin...
- Horizontal Router Mortiser
- Self made Bench grinder for waste...
- How to cut a glass tabletop - GIF
- Lamb conveyor for marking and vac...
- Homemade Roll Bender for Square P...
- Soldering station/plastic welder
Related Homemade Tools:
Signup for our newsletter and get the 173 Best Homemade Tools eBook free!