Community for builders of homemade tools
Learn to build your own tools and share them with the world.
Homemade Linear Actuator
Andrew Lewis on makeprojects.com
Homemade linear actuator fabricated from a sewing machine bobbin. A 38 SWG, enameled, copper wire is wound on the bobbin to form a coil. The bobbin is wrapped in PTFE and a small plastic disk is glued to the bottom. A magnet is glued to a plastic rod and a small, copper spring is epoxied to the magnet. The spring/magnet/rod assembly is fitted inside the bobbin center.
Rate this build:
Newest Forum Posts
- MILL---- RESTOMOD PART 1 NEW DC ...
- 3D-print dremel / drill bit holde...
- Measuring acute angles accurately
- Finger Plate
- Panbrake for folding sheet metal,...
- The Effect of Error in the Home S...
- Tool for stroll, walking ostrich,...
- Mill Tram
- Work Table for Bench Saw
- Giant gearshaft being quenched - ...
Related Homemade Tools:
Signup for our newsletter and get the 50 Best Homemade Tools eBook free!