Community for builders of homemade tools
Learn to build your own tools and share them with the world.
Homemade Taig Lathe Power Feed
Stephen Ellacott on cartertools.blogspot.com
Homemade power feed modification for a Taig lathe featuring a geared motor and pinion. Motor slides onto the carriage's front dovetail, meshing with the pinion gear. Utilizes two 12-tooth, 24-pitch Acetal gears. Motor is 12v, 5 RPM and features a reversing circuit with forward, stop, and reverse buttons.
Rate this build:
Newest Forum Posts
- Bolt with built-in tensile strain...
- Metal Lathe Restoration
- Moving a 1966 Northfield jointer ...
- ACME Clamp-o-matic
- Moving lighter but cumbersome equ...
- Warsop Benjo power rammer - video...
- Huge mine blast - GIF
- Reamer Sharpening Fixture
- Hook & Moor automatic boat hook -...
- Out of control power trowel - GIF
Related Homemade Tools:
Signup for our newsletter and get the 173 Best Homemade Tools eBook free!