Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Bale stacker - GIF

Jon
    Jon is offline Jon has agreed the Seller's Terms of Service
    Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,621 Times in 11,284 Posts

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jon For This Useful Post:

jimfols (Jan 7, 2020), Seedtick (Jan 6, 2020), Tonyg (Jan 12, 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,766 Times in 4,195 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    complex piece of machinery but look at it this way going to the huge sq bales and the round bales put thousands high school kids out of a summer job and a $200,000.00 machine plus the other expensive machines needed to go along with it, that will last 10 years is cheaper than paying a bunch of kids .20 to .50 cents a bale to haul and stack. we used to get .05 cents a bale when I was a kid

2000 Tool Plans
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

Thanks

ranald's Tools
    Most tech is all about the $$$$$. Pretty impressive while still working on flattish ground. Wonder how it would go in Germany/Swiss border area. LOL

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank S View Post
    complex piece of machinery but look at it this way going to the huge sq bales and the round bales put thousands high school kids out of a summer job and a $200,000.00 machine plus the other expensive machines needed to go along with it, that will last 10 years is cheaper than paying a bunch of kids .20 to .50 cents a bale to haul and stack. we used to get .05 cents a bale when I was a kid
    And you wore long sleeve shirts, or cut your forearms to raspberries in the dead of summer.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,766 Times in 4,195 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by neilbourjaily View Post
    And you wore long sleeve shirts, or cut your forearms to raspberries in the dead of summer.
    A Johnson grass field was like handling baled razor wire Alfalfa bales could hit 100 lbs costal was like carrying air compared to alfalfa. Peanut hay was so full of dirt you hated to be a bucker
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank S View Post
    A Johnson grass field was like handling baled razor wire Alfalfa bales could hit 100 lbs costal was like carrying air compared to alfalfa. Peanut hay was so full of dirt you hated to be a bucker
    Lucky me. We only had orchard grass and timothy.

Thanks
    Must be nice to have all that money to afford one of these. In my neck of the woods in Oklahoma, we still throw 80# square bales by hand from the ground to the trailer then from the trailer in the barn. On a good day when we have both the gooseneck and flat trailers running it ain't nothing for my daughter, my son and I to throw 200 square bales in one afternoon.. Thank God we only bale square bales every other year. Lol.. 4x5 bales on the other hand run about 500 a summer at minimum..

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kandiewood View Post
    Must be nice to have all that money to afford one of these. In my neck of the woods in Oklahoma, we still throw 80# square bales by hand from the ground to the trailer then from the trailer in the barn. On a good day when we have both the gooseneck and flat trailers running it ain't nothing for my daughter, my son and I to throw 200 square bales in one afternoon.. Thank God we only bale square bales every other year. Lol.. 4x5 bales on the other hand run about 500 a summer at minimum..
    You should be able to find a New Holland automatic wagon, very similar to the video but for small square bales for very little money. I would sell mine for 1k$. Anybody doing small bales here now uses a thrower on the baler and can bale 2500 bales in an afternoon with one person. Bales are selling for 8 dollars each now but it is near impossible to find help. I grew up stacking directly on the wagon behind the baler and that is still done by people with throwers if they have a helper as you get more bales on a wagon.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information