Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Brendon

Thanks
    Hi Brendon,

Beautiful work! I'll get each of these posted to the site today.

Ken

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kbalch For This Useful Post:

Paul Jones (Jul 13, 2015)

Thanks
    Thanks Brendon! I've added your Marking Gauges and Hand Plane to, respectively, our Marking Gauges and Planes categories, as well as to your builder page: Brendon's Homemade Tools. Your receipt:

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks

Hotz's Tools
    Hi Brendon .. Wonderful their work (tools).

great debut in HT.net

Thanks for sharing ...

Sorry my mistakes in english.
    to share your tip >>> http://www.homemadetools.net/forum/tool-tips-tricks/ <<<

PJs
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,118 Times in 718 Posts

PJs's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by kbalch View Post
    Hi Brendon,

What a beautiful gauge - thanks for the explanation!

I'm currently building an Ultima GTR kit car, which I'm hoping to have completed and on the road sometime this fall. You can follow the project here: Ultima-Builders.com

Ken
    First Brendon, your scribe Is a work of art with precision function as well...exceptional!! Ken your kit car blew me away. Your Craftsmanship and "Clean Shop" are praiseworthy beyond words. Hope you can do a video with sound when you spark her up and road test her! Years ago a buddy and I built a show car from a 49 Willys on a funny car frame and a real 500hp 302 we built...but that was pale in comparison to a hand built LS7 and your beautiful fabrications! Thanks to you both for sharing! ~PJ

6. The Following User Says Thank You to PJs For This Useful Post:

kbalch (Jul 15, 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,440 Times in 655 Posts

Paul Jones's Tools
    Both Brendon and Ken have taken building to the high-end of perfection and I am looking forward to seeing more of your projects. Thank you Ken for your link to your website and seeing what you are working on (also your exceptionally clean and organized shop provided motivation by example for my shop clean-up work this weekend). Thanks, Paul

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Paul Jones For This Useful Post:

kbalch (Jul 15, 2015)

Thanks
    Thanks to PJ and Paul for the very kind words on my project and shop. I'm very particular about build quality (especially in a car that'll do ~230 MPH!), but I often find my work area far too cluttered for comfort. Never overly disorganized, but cluttered.

I'll definitely have my wife shoot some video of the first start-up, as I'll have my hands full. I'm planning to have two friends assisting on that day, one to watch the engine for leaks, smoke, etc. and the other to simply man a fire extinguisher. Should be fun!

In the spirit of sharing interesting projects, here's a link to one of my personal aviation-related pages: Ken's RV-8 Project

The shop photos are of a different space, in a different state, and a different decade. A younger, hairier, heavier me.

I built that airplane between late '99 and early '02, flew it until the end of '04 and then sold it. I miss it every day, but not its attendant expenses. Still, I'm thinking ever more seriously of jumping back into aviation. Once it gets in the blood, it never goes away.

Ken

10. The Following User Says Thank You to kbalch For This Useful Post:

PJs (Jul 15, 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,440 Times in 655 Posts

Paul Jones's Tools
    Ken, obviously you like the thrill of fast machines! I will be reading more from your website this weekend. I am delighted with watching from the sidelines. Too much clutter can be mentally distracting and counter productive to some people. The close I have come to racing cars is following the Formula 1000 work of Ludemann Engineering at https://www.youtube.com/user/jjludemann/videos . Thank you for the updates, Paul

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Paul Jones For This Useful Post:

PJs (Jul 17, 2015)

Thanks
    I've been a racing fan all my life (and aerospace-obsessed since Apollo). Cars, motorcycles, airplanes, etc. Learning to drive and race the Skip Barber formula cars is the most fun I've ever had on the ground, though I expect the Ultima to surpass that experience.

I've been aware of Ludemann for awhile (nice stuff). In a similar vein, this shop is scratch-building a replica of the venerable Porsche 917: Icon Engineering - Replica 917, 917RSK, Design, Engineering and Manufacture or Retro Sports Cars.

I could talk about go-fast stuff all day long. Feel free to write me directly anytime to chat.

Ken

14. The Following User Says Thank You to kbalch For This Useful Post:

PJs (Jul 17, 2015)

Thanks
    Hi Brendon,

Very nice work! Your Marking Gauge is the 'Tool of the Week'!

You'll be receiving one of our official HomemadeTools.net T-shirts:

Brendon-black-shirt-front-actual-design.jpg Brendon-black-shirt-rear-actual-design.jpg
    Brendon-white-shirt-front-actual-design.jpg Brendon-white-shirt-rear-actual-design.jpg

Just let me have (via PM) your details (size, color choice, and mailing address) and we'll get things processed directly.

Congrats!

Ken

Thanks
    This thread has been moved to the Must Read subforum. Congrats (and thanks) to Brendon for making such a valuable contribution!

Thread Information