Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bull kicks man in the face - GIF

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,831 Times in 9,929 Posts

Bull kicks man in the face - GIF

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Altair For This Useful Post:

mr mikey (Jul 3, 2023), nova_robotics (Jul 8, 2023), Scotty1 (Jul 3, 2023), Tooler2 (Jul 9, 2023)

Thanks

mr mikey's Tools
    Ouch, he may need some dental work, my grandma always said don't mess with the bull.

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks
    I bet that's the last bull he slaps on the arse.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,453 Times in 823 Posts

hemmjo's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by mr mikey View Post
    Ouch, he may need some dental work, my grandma always said don't mess with the bull.
    I bet he won't be able to eat steak for a while!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 8,789 Times in 4,207 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    A classic example of why spectators should remain spectators and allow the handlers to be handlers. Note the worker in the red and black shirt stayed out of harms way and used his pole for prodding. Had the thrill-seeking spectator been in a better position perhaps the bull could have removed his reproductive abilities from the gene pool.
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

Thanks

BuffaloJohn's Tools
    If you look closely, the idiot was trying to slap the bull on the rear...

An interesting fact - bovines and other large herbivores have a slit iris and thus have a very wide field of view – they can see from the tip of their nose to their rear end. It isn’t detailed view, but it is motion detection.

When I used to move animals, one thing you could do if you were behind them was to just flick your hand a little, not a lot, but it would make them notice and they would react. If you push hard, they push back (with kicks to the face). If you just make motion and then stop, they think about it and generally then move forward.

Of course, before you do anything, you figure out your escape route. If you don’t know that, you will suffer the consequences, these animals can move faster than you can think…

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BuffaloJohn For This Useful Post:

Philip Davies (Jul 5, 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,453 Times in 823 Posts

hemmjo's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloJohn View Post
    snip...
    Of course, before you do anything, you figure out your escape route. If you don’t know that, you will suffer the consequences, these animals can move faster than you can think…
    As demonstrated so well my that girl in the video a week or so ago, being tossed around like a rag doll by the buffalo..

Thanks

BuffaloJohn's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by hemmjo View Post
    As demonstrated so well my that girl in the video a week or so ago, being tossed around like a rag doll by the buffalo..
    Story from Yellowstone... as you drive about, often you will come upon a traffic stoppage - it's an animal and folks stop to see. The buffalo are not as scared of humans and vehicles as they used to be decades ago and it is common for the stupid two legged creatures to equate the closeness of the buffalo as tameness, which is clearly not.

We stopped with the throng and watched and listened. You could hear the bulls bellowing and you could see cows and young bulls coming down the draw, not running, but moving along to a new grazing area. Tourist man took his kids out the boardwalk toward the animals. Left son there and went back to get his wife. I went over to him and told him to go get his son _now_ and explained what was about to happen. From the bellowing, I could tell there was a really worked up bull on his way down the draw but we couldn't see him yet. The pattern of the herd that had already come down indicated that the herd would pass close on both sides of the boardwalk. "Go get you son now, and watch what happens after you get back" Soon after he got his son back, I showed him where that bull was, what the cows were doing how you could read the herd. Then the bull made it to the boardwalk and proceeded to shred a shrub at the end of the boardwalk feet way from where his son was left before. Then the bull got on the boardwalk and strutted and wildly swung his head.

The animals are readable if you think like them and don't attach human emotions to what wild animals do. Every video I have seen of the tourist who gets gored show that the animal is bothered by the stupid two legged thing and then with a quick shake of their head, hooks the stupid two legged thing and flings it out of the way.

Could I control the buffalo in the wild? No, but I could remain safe and at distance. There is an old saying that you can get a buffalo to do anything it wants to do...
    Last edited by BuffaloJohn; Jul 4, 2023 at 03:53 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BuffaloJohn For This Useful Post:

Philip Davies (Jul 5, 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,789 Times in 4,207 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    And as the song goes you can't roller skate in a Buffalo heard.
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

Thanks

BuffaloJohn's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank S View Post
    And as the song goes you can't roller skate in a Buffalo heard.
    I hadn't heard that about a Buffalo herd, had to look up the Roger Miller song...

14. The Following User Says Thank You to BuffaloJohn For This Useful Post:

Frank S (Jul 4, 2023)

Thread Information