i have a chinese lathe and there's some systems that doesn't work well when you carry relatively heavy work ,the clutch is one .
i've found a solution based on scrap parts , my English is a little rusted so i put pictures ,the first is the molding of the bloc
here the casting raw
this is the parts that drives the added clutch shell
i' ve made a new nut in two parts , one moved by the original system one by the added system
i hope that will be usefull
ok i've to add some détails to my post just to make the way clear .
so after casting the work begins by cutting around the blank
after milling the faces cut the slot ,bore the pignion place and the main screw hole
it will look like this now lets machine the front face
first step ,the square boss is for the clutch bar it will be rounded later
the boss rounded
the parts together just to see
the external nut with four small screws to adjust the play between the nut and the screw(the adjustment must be done before mouting the system on the lathe)
on the front face a bearing is set to guide the screw
the parts pré set
the bar that supports the added nut
that's all for the moment
if some want more infos please ask
Post your reply!
Join 42,532 of us and get 400+ tool plans, tool eBooks, build guides, and much more.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)