Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Cocktail cozy

Supporting Member
    Thanks

Don42's Tools

Cocktail cozy

Sometimes I enjoy a lemon slushie while watching the 10:00 news with Vicki. It’s just finely crushed ice with a shot of limoncello in it so it’s mostly ice. It’s served in a short old-fashioned glass. It’s COLD, uncomfortable to hold, and on humid days the glass sweats profusely. So tonight, after a pleasant day in the shop making chips, I went to my late wife Mary's sewing room and made a limoncello cozy.

Cocktail cozy-cozy1-hmt.jpg

Cocktail cozy-cozy2hmt.jpg

The top is an old sock that was in the rag bag. Socks always get holes in the foot part while the ankle part is still just fine. I cut off the top to use for this project. The bottom is heavy duck cloth. The stretchy ankle part of the sock will accommodate the glasses in Vicki’s cupboard while the flat bottom will enable it to sit stably on a desk, table or floor.

Critical observers might note that I got the top inside out. It took me awhile to figure out how to sew this together. I did it on a Singer 328. Oh well, if there is ever a Mark II I’ll probably get that right next time – and this will serve its intended purpose just fine.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cocktail cozy-cocktail-cozy-1.jpg   Cocktail cozy-cocktail-cozy-2.jpg  

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    Last edited by Don42; Nov 14, 2019 at 08:31 PM.

Thread Information