Part 2 of the Portable Generator Enclosure Build – A (very) long time in coming!

I have to apologize for the delay. The weather turned sour last year and it just got too cold, followed by heavy snow and ice for me to continue. As a result, the framework stood empty and the generator lived in my shop, taking up valuable space.

I almost didn’t get to finish enclosing the framework for this winter, as I have been concentrating my efforts on building my new 18’ pocket cruiser sailboat (featured in my last several videos). I finally got to it, and just in the nick of time. As soon as I finished enclosing the framework, a cold front moved in, temperatures plummeted well below freezing, and was accompanied by snow and ice.

The free plans give the general dimensions for the framework as I designed it for my generator. You may have to alter the dimensions to better fit yours. No plans are necessary for the work of sheathing the framework in Part 2 as the dimensions are essentially the same as in the plans for the framework, but you can easily take measurements directly off the work as needed with your tape measure.

Here’s the link to Part 1 in case you missed it:

Link to the Portable Generator Enclosure FREE PLANS download page here:

https://www.downeastthunder.com/2018...re-free-plans/

Here's the video: