Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dandelion harvesting - GIF

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,267 Times in 9,726 Posts

Dandelion harvesting - GIF

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Altair For This Useful Post:

nova_robotics (Dec 17, 2021), Scotsman Hosie (Dec 18, 2021)

Thanks

Bony's Tools
    What do they use dandelion seeds for, they're a weed where I come from!

2000 Tool Plans

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bony For This Useful Post:

bigtrev8xl (Dec 14, 2021)

Thanks
    My thoughts too

Thanks
    Inquiring minds need to know!

Thanks
    Thanked 8,766 Times in 4,195 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Bony View Post
    What do they use dandelion seeds for, they're a weed where I come from!
    Not just the seeds are valuable almost the whole plant has many uses from pharmaceuticals to vitamin and mineral supplements too numerous to list so here is a read
    https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/dandelion-benefits
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frank S For This Useful Post:

nova_robotics (Dec 17, 2021), Scotsman Hosie (Dec 18, 2021)

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,133 Times in 609 Posts

nova_robotics's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank S View Post
    Not just the seeds are valuable almost the whole plant has many uses from pharmaceuticals to vitamin and mineral supplements too numerous to list so here is a read
    https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/dandelion-benefits
    I think you're correct about the information you presented, however I think that website you linked to might be a bunch of newage homeopathic nonsense.

The dandelion market is segmented on the basis of its application in food and beverage industry, cosmetic industry, medical industry etc. In food and beverage industry, dandelion is obtained in the form of tea, coffee, salads etc. Roots of dandelion is also used as a coffee substitute, in wine making, beer, and other liqueurs. In cosmetics industry, dandelion is used in lip-gloss, powder, face highlighter etc. In medical industry, dandelion is used in treatment of infection such as viral infection and cancer. Dandelion is used in treatment of upset stomach, intestinal gas, joint pain, muscle ache, bruises, loss of appetite etc. dandelion also helps increasing urine production.

The dandelion market is segmented on the basis of types as dandelion powder, dandelion extracts, liquid dandelion etc. Dandelion root powder is used as a substitute for coffee powder which is popular in health conscious consumers. Dandelion extracts are used mainly in cosmetic and medical industries as these extracts can be obtained in both powder and liquid forms. Dandelion in liquid form is mainly used in cosmetics in lip-gloss, and face highlighters etc.
    https://www.transparencymarketresear...on-market.html

Thanks

Frank S's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by nova_robotics View Post
    I think you're correct about the information you presented, however I think that website you linked to might be a bunch of newage homeopathic nonsense.

https://www.transparencymarketresear...on-market.html
    Most anything found on the internet now days will be new age with only a small amount of it having been actually handed down from the writer's ancestry. Colonial, settlers and pioneer's day to day survival routines were rarely ever deemed worthy of mention in history books. If they were, it was only to hyphenate a certain date or event that happened.
    Old medical journals from the 17th 18th & 19th centuries held many home-remedies since many of the healers/ doctors discovered them for themselves. Once the practice of becoming a DR, was relegated to being only through university studies and pharmaceutical companies took over virtually all medicines more for profit than roe cures. Dr's frown on anything that does not have a big-name pharma associated with it because they get paid to push the newest snake oil drugs that Pharma comes up with, that and the fact that almost everyone's diet is now comprised primarialy of food having a questionable nutrition value. For decades now crops have been grown in soils that wouldn't even support weeds without increasingly higher amounts of artificial amenities. All meat consumed is raised on antibiotics and a host of other medicines that is quote unquote for our safety and wellbeing. It is no wonder why countless hundreds of millions of people around the planet have to rely so heavily on regular Dr. visits for prescription medicines, they have no natural immunities to just about anything any more

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,133 Times in 609 Posts

nova_robotics's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank S View Post
    Most anything found on the internet now days will be new age with only a small amount of it having been actually handed down from the writer's ancestry. Colonial, settlers and pioneer's day to day survival routines were rarely ever deemed worthy of mention in history books. If they were, it was only to hyphenate a certain date or event that happened.
    Old medical journals from the 17th 18th & 19th centuries held many home-remedies since many of the healers/ doctors discovered them for themselves. Once the practice of becoming a DR, was relegated to being only through university studies and pharmaceutical companies took over virtually all medicines more for profit than roe cures. Dr's frown on anything that does not have a big-name pharma associated with it because they get paid to push the newest snake oil drugs that Pharma comes up with, that and the fact that almost everyone's diet is now comprised primarialy of food having a questionable nutrition value. For decades now crops have been grown in soils that wouldn't even support weeds without increasingly higher amounts of artificial amenities. All meat consumed is raised on antibiotics and a host of other medicines that is quote unquote for our safety and wellbeing. It is no wonder why countless hundreds of millions of people around the planet have to rely so heavily on regular Dr. visits for prescription medicines, they have no natural immunities to just about anything any more
    I don't know about that. I'll believe any treatment, new or old, so long as there's real data to support it. If it's peer reviewed and clinically tested then you can prove something's safe and effective. There's a huge prevalence of snake-oil salesmen pandering grasses, herbs and tonics that "detoxify" or are "good for your liver" and it's all based on nothing. They just made it up. Whenever you hear "toxins" or "detoxify" you are 100% being fed a line of BS. I have a friend that's an ND (Naturopathic Doctor). She prescribes natural treatments that are backed by science. If you don't trust big pharma you should look into contacting an ND. It's real medicine and real science, just with a strong emphasis on utilizing compounds found in nature rather than ones cooked up in a lab.

Thanks

Frank S's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by nova_robotics View Post
    I don't know about that. I'll believe any treatment, new or old, so long as there's real data to support it. If it's peer reviewed and clinically tested then you can prove something's safe and effective. There's a huge prevalence of snake-oil salesmen pandering grasses, herbs and tonics that "detoxify" or are "good for your liver" and it's all based on nothing. They just made it up. Whenever you hear "toxins" or "detoxify" you are 100% being fed a line of BS. I have a friend that's an ND (Naturopathic Doctor). She prescribes natural treatments that are backed by science. If you don't trust big pharma you should look into contacting an ND. It's real medicine and real science, just with a strong emphasis on utilizing compounds found in nature rather than ones cooked up in a lab.
    Our Nurse practitioner was trained by a ND and you can find things in our local pharmacy that would only get you a stern disapproving look from a pharmacist at a big box pharmacy. It's nice living in a county with fewer than 1800 residents

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    One thing you can trust is to put vinegar in your ears for an earache (Otitis externa). Pharmeceutical Otic drops are, in fact, acetic acid. In that one, anyway, your grandma was right.

Thread Information