Free 173 Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Become a founding member: 500+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Drill press lathe chuck mount.

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rorschach's Tools

Drill press lathe chuck mount.

A very simple little tool. I had a MT2 shank threaded to match my lathe head stock. It allows me to mount my lathe chucks in the tailstock or in the tapered head stock of my wood lathe. I have now increased it's function even more. I turned a bush to fit the centre hole in my drill press table and bored/reamed the bush to accept the MT2 shank. A draw bar and washer secures it underneath.

I can now mount my lathe chucks in the drill press securely and use them for easily holding items. Excellent for round stock and repetition using a self centering chuck. By offsetting the chuck I can use it as a makeshift rotary head for drilling circles of holes etc.

The setup is easily centred with the drill chuck using a bit of round bar with a point as the MT shank had a centre hole from manufacture.

The accuracy, considering it is a drill press setup with the associated slop etc, is more than adequate.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Drill press lathe chuck mount.-img_20180718_125609.jpg  

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rorschach For This Useful Post:

Jon (07-18-2018), PJs (07-19-2018), Seedtick (07-18-2018), Toolmaker51 (07-18-2018), Tule (07-19-2018)

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,367 Times in 1,233 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Rorschach! We've added your Drill Press Lathe Chuck Mount to our Drilling and Drill Presses category,
    as well as to your builder page: Rorschach's Homemade Tools. Your receipt:

Post your reply!
    Join 42,532 of us and get 500+ tool plans, tool eBooks, build guides, and much more.

eBooks for Supporters

Thread Information