Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Driver deftly maneuvers car out of tight parking space - GIF

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,806 Times in 9,914 Posts

Driver deftly maneuvers car out of tight parking space - GIF

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Altair For This Useful Post:

Andyt (Dec 26, 2021), carloski (Dec 23, 2021), durrelltn (Dec 24, 2021), mwmkravchenko (Dec 25, 2021), nova_robotics (Dec 25, 2021)

Thanks
    I did that with an F150, and not much more room for maneuvering . Amazing with a good spotter how little room is needed! Well done!

2000 Tool Plans

4. The Following User Says Thank You to howder51 For This Useful Post:

mwmkravchenko (Dec 25, 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,789 Times in 4,207 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    I rarely go to a city but on one occasion there was no other way to avoid going and consequently I wound up having to park my crew cab pickup in a couple of ajoing parking spaces, of which the one to the rear was just at the end of the red line of a fire hydrant designated for a small car since it was several feet shorter than a regular space, which are also about 3 feet too short for a normal vehicle, normal to me being my 22 ft long pickup, I parked then plunked quarters in both meters. My front bumper about 2 feet shy of the line to the next space my rear bumper extending about 3 feet into the rear space. after completing my business, I returned to find a Chevy Suburban parked in front of me taking up my 2 feet buffer area, No problem, I have plenty of room to back up and leave a guy in a tiny shoe box roars into the spot behind me jumps out of his car plunks a quarter in the meter and rushes off towards the courthouse. Now there is no room for me to get out, An officer pulls up while I am examining my options to see if there is any way I can do a 100-point turn and get out of the parking space. He asks me what my problem is which I explained the situation of how I came to be in the spaces in the first place. Took 1 look at the suburban in front and said it was illegally parked since it had space in front and the shoe box was over the red line.
    . I am going to call a toe and have it pulled, but if you will wait until I drive off it I were you I'd put my vehicle in reverse and push the guy's car into the next county if you want. The city of Dallas is not responsible for damages to towed vehicles.
    I'd like to say I pushed the shoe box out of my way, but I waited the 15 minutes for the tow truck
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frank S For This Useful Post:

mwmkravchenko (Dec 25, 2021), nova_robotics (Dec 25, 2021)

Thanks
    I went on a bus tour in Great Britain about 10 years ago, and that bus driver impressed the crap out of me, he made a U-turnwith the bus, and another time he parked the bus on a spot I could barely fit my pickup on. Wish I had photos!

Thanks
    Thanked 6,396 Times in 2,119 Posts

mklotz's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by howder51 View Post
    I went on a bus tour in Great Britain about 10 years ago, and that bus driver impressed the crap out of me, he made a U-turnwith the bus, and another time he parked the bus on a spot I could barely fit my pickup on. Wish I had photos!
    And maneuvering those narrow lanes the British call roads. Our driver squeezed his tour bus through lanes so narrow the mirrors were scraping the foliage on both sides.
    ---
    Regards, Marv

Home Shop Freeware
    https://www.myvirtualnetwork.com/mklotz

Thanks
    I did that as a new driver in 1972 in the family Oldsmobile Delta 88

Thanks

Karl_H's Tools
    I was expecting the Chicago technique - reverse and push the back car as far as it will go; then forward and push the front car as far as it will go. Piece of cake after that.

Supporting Member Hoosiersmoker's Avatar
    Thanks
    When I lived in Chicago (early 80's) I drove an Olds Omega (Nova clone) and a white Cadillac Eldorado parked me in. Needless to say, my beat up Omega didn't really look any different after I left the parking space but I rearranged the front end of his caddy pretty good getting out of there!

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Hoosiersmoker For This Useful Post:

Karl_H (Jan 3, 2022)

Thread Information