Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Duplicator

Thanks

Duplicator

Hi to all. I have been looking for a heavy duty rigid wood duplicator. The ones I have found either are to lite, not accurate enough, or out of my price range.

What I am looking for is any plans or ideas to build a rigid duplicator. Any ideas will be gratefully appreciated.

I am a fair machinist with lathe, milling machine, shaper, and MIG and gas welders.

Thank you.

Mike

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thanks
    I really like the Clone4D or 3D style. Seems pretty simple. Maybe I'm wrong. I've looked for plans but only found relating to I believe is called the 'carver copier, or the like. My plan is to roughly reverse engineer the Clone style, from looking at photos, and some internet research. Limited in tooling, I've been figuring ways to mill/cut AL with a wood router and end mill. The big Aluminum side plates mounted to linear bearings for the x,y really turn me on. Sorry can't be of real help. But I feel you, on a similar plane. Good luck.

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks
    Daswright,. Thanks. I think I may have a few more tools so if you want to collaborate let me know. Or if you just need some machine work on this project let me know.

Thanks

majnun's Tools
    I've never used one. Plans are available on google, under wood duplicator.

Thanks
    Hi Mike,

I came across these videos on youtube a couple of years ago. Haven't build it myself, but the satisfaction seems pretty high from those who did. Maybe to weak for your need though ?

Good luck!

/Fredrik

Thanks
    the thing to do is if you have a router of a fixed base style, the carver needs to match the counter weight and the movement of both side to side and lift bearings should not have any slop, and the stylus needs to match the diameter of the cutter tip as to where it cuts or sits.

Thanks

dhpmet:-)'s Tools

An humble thought

Hi Mike,

My idea is an integral arm on the cutting router itself to use as controlling handle as well as the sensing stylus.
    Use any methods of holding router with counter weight or spring load to avoid cutting tool from falling on to the work piece. Since size of the copy is 1:1 no pantographic. arms needed.

A thought with sketch might not be enough to materialize the dream Duplicator-20161113_064327-picsay.jpg

Thanks
    Hi , sorry for the delay in responding my web connection has at best been unreliable!!!!! Anyhow do you mean a duplicator to work manipulate wood or constructed from wood. I have a rather ancient Duplicarver T110 which was made by Laskowski Enterprises Inc pm me with your contact details and i'll send you some pics and the handbook in pdf my email is stephen.french @fsmail.net. I'll be happy to help as much as i can do you need this to operate in 2 or 3 dimensions?

Thanks
    Sorry, can't help you there with the duplicator. Sounds like an interesting project though.

Thanks

Duplicator

Hi Mike,

Can you tell us what exactly it is that you want to duplicate as that will make a difference to the duplicator especially if it is a very specific item.

Martin

Thread Information