I built this jig out of scrap I had laying around. I needed to relocate the engine in my Astro frame 3" straight down. Like a dummy I sold the mock-up block and did want to unbag the 509 so this was a good alternative.
I used the solid motor mounts, bolted them in and then welded some tube and angle to maintain their position when unbolted.
Now I can cut them out and gut the cross member and have no worries about getting them back where they belong.
I tacked pieces of angle onto the frame to locate a piece of 2 x 4 tubing set on the top rails as a support.
Another piece of angle is welded to both ends of the 2 x 4 to locate it side to side
I then tacked some more angle to the 2 x 4 to locate the jig side to side.
Now, once the mounts are cut out and trimmed I can drop them straight down 3 inches and rebuild the attachments to the frame.