Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Face shovel excavator bucket - GIF

Jon
    Jon is online now Jon has agreed the Seller's Terms of Service
    Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,927 Times in 11,362 Posts
    True, and had this practice remained in San Francisco, it would be more of a novelty. Search for "drag queen story hour" plus your town's name. It's in most of the towns near me.

Years ago during my weekly review of my son's activity on his Amazon Fire pad, I saw that the book recommendation algorithm had decided that he should read Jacob's New Dress, a work of literature that Amazon presents as a "Teacher's Pick": https://www.amazon.com/Jacobs-New-Dr.../dp/0807563730

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thanks
    Thanked 6,407 Times in 2,120 Posts

mklotz's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    True, and had this practice remained in San Francisco, it would be more of a novelty. Search for "drag queen story hour" plus your town's name. It's in most of the towns near me.

Years ago during my weekly review of my son's activity on his Amazon Fire pad, I saw that the book recommendation algorithm had decided that he should read Jacob's New Dress, a work of literature that Amazon presents as a "Teacher's Pick": https://www.amazon.com/Jacobs-New-Dr.../dp/0807563730
    Not surprisingly, in the West Hollywood branch of the LA public library...

https://lacountylibrary.org/events/d...en-story-hour/

Story teller pictures here...

https://www.weho.org/community/arts-...een-story-hour

Damn, now I have to go wash my eyes out with bleach.

2000 Tool Plans
    ---
    Regards, Marv

Home Shop Freeware
    https://www.myvirtualnetwork.com/mklotz

Jon
    Jon is online now Jon has agreed the Seller's Terms of Service
    Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,927 Times in 11,362 Posts
    One of the reasons why people are trying to get this stuff banned is that "just reading stories" is a gateway drug.

One of the tamer examples. Most aren't suitable for posting here.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,800 Times in 4,214 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    Reference to post #13 That video in the setting of very young children most of the performers are just plain vulgar. suitable only for establishments where the audience is limited to 21 years of age or above. If for some reason a school is not comfortable with men such as Police Firefighters active duty or veteran service personnel coming to their schools but allow whatever those bipedal beings were, then there is something seriously wrong. The furthest I would go would be to allow someone dressed or portraying themselves like Mrs. Doubtfire, and even that would be questionable,
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

Thanks
    Thanked 6,407 Times in 2,120 Posts

mklotz's Tools
    If drag queen story tellers aren't disgusting enough for you, how about drag queen nuns?

They're called Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence and even that haven of traditional values, baseball, feels obligated to supply them a platform from which they can "preach" their "message".

Last edited by mklotz; Jun 29, 2023 at 09:11 AM.
    ---
    Regards, Marv

Home Shop Freeware
    https://www.myvirtualnetwork.com/mklotz

Thanks
    Thanked 1,458 Times in 824 Posts

hemmjo's Tools
    There is a story in a very popular old book in regard to a society moving toward and accepting all kinds of previously unheard of, or previously frowned upon, activities. As I recall from reading the story, in the long run, things did not work out very well for them. I think of that story often now, and wonder how it relates to the craziness of ALL kinds we see in our world today. Trying not to be too political here, as I am not one to judge others. It is difficult enough to keep myself out of trouble.

Often I think along the lines of, "you do your thing, I do mine, but you do yours away from me". It is the reason I told my wife, before I married her, I would never live in a neighborhood. If I am in their space, I will leave. If they are in my space....

Thanks
    Wow, a nice thread about excavators, kids games and stories, sure went sideways.

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,155 Times in 622 Posts

nova_robotics's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by ductape View Post
    Many years ago, steam shovels used a very similar style of bucket action. That evolved into the familiar shoulder-elbow-wrist configuration of modern excavators. This machine is almost a full circle of that, except with hydraulics and diesel instead of ropes, cables, and steam.
    Hydraulic Shovels have completely replaced every other digging machine in the oil sands. Everything else is obsolete. They're very neat, but they're reversed from a conventional excavator. Hydraulic Shovels dig away and excavators dig towards you.

Edit: Okay I was replying to someone above and really don't know what happened to the conversation. Looks like things went off the rails from hydraulic digging apparatuses.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    Last edited by nova_robotics; Jun 30, 2023 at 07:20 PM.

Thread Information