I joined back in November of 2016, but can't seem to find my original post. I was asked to show some pictures of my lathe and drum sander, so here goes.
The sander is run by a furnace motor. The drum moves up and down, mounted on a hinged box. There's a fan blowing on the motor, hooked up to a timer. The drum is a shaft from an old grinder, wooden inserts, 3" PVC pipe, gorilla glue, and 36 grit sandpaper. Frame is an old sewing machine.
The lathe is powered by a washing machine motor. The shaft is from an old homemade grinder found in a pile of rubble. I use a drill chuck on both head and tail stock. The bed is 2x4x1/16 tube steel. The top hinges so I can work with the lathe while standing or sitting. After I took these pictures, I added a light and a port to hook up my homemade dust collector. No pictures of that yet. Essentially, I used two 55 gallon drums, a leaf blower and a bucket.
webby's rigginations (05-19-2017)
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)