Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Fish splitting machine - GIF

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,713 Times in 9,875 Posts

Fish splitting machine - GIF

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Altair For This Useful Post:

Floradawg (Apr 27, 2022), nova_robotics (May 4, 2022)

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,144 Times in 617 Posts

nova_robotics's Tools
    I've done a few jobs in fish plants. I can smell this video.

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks
    Thanked 8,787 Times in 4,206 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by nova_robotics View Post
    I've done a few jobs in fish plants. I can smell this video.
    I know what you mean. I spent quite a bit of time along the Louisiana coast. it was mostly shrimping in the area where I was though.
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

Supporting Member
    Thanks

nova_robotics's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank S View Post
    I know what you mean. I spent quite a bit of time along the Louisiana coast. it was mostly shrimping in the area where I was though.
    The best part is all the nematode worms in the meat. Every piece of cod is just loaded with them. Each fish will have half a dozen of the things you have to pick out of the meat. Most in-shore fish are actually.

The lifecycle of the worms is super interesting. The rely on their host being eaten. What happens is when the host organism is eaten, the worm releases little vile baby worms, which then bore through your intestinal wall. Then they float around in your blood stream until they get lodged in a capillary. Could be in muscle, lungs, brain, doesn't matter. Once there, they start to grow. Your body will form a cyst around the worm, then that's it. You have this little dime sized sphere in your body somewhere with a worm in it. Now that worm will wait until you are eaten by some predator to start the whole process again. Super gross, super dangerous.

It was years before I could eat fish again.

Thanks

Frank S's Tools
    The best part is all the nematode worms in the meat. Every piece of cod is just loaded with them. Each fish will have half a dozen of the things you have to pick out of the meat. Most in-shore fish are actually.

The lifecycle of the worms is super interesting. The rely on their host being eaten. What happens is when the host organism is eaten, the worm releases little vile baby worms, which then bore through your intestinal wall. Then they float around in your blood stream until they get lodged in a capillary. Could be in muscle, lungs, brain, doesn't matter. Once there, they start to grow. Your body will form a cyst around the worm, then that's it. You have this little dime sized sphere in your body somewhere with a worm in it. Now that worm will wait until you are eaten by some predator to start the whole process again. Super gross, super dangerous.

It was years before I could eat fish again.
    When I was briefly stationed in Central America during jungle training, I apparently ingested a parasitic organism, after returning to my permanent unit I started not feeling up to snuff began suffering weight loss and fatigue. The Army Docs. said I could have gotten it from either undercooked meat or from raw vegetables or fruit. They made me drink what seemed like gallons of the most vile tasting substance you can imagine over the course of a few months plus used me as a pin cushion for the first few days. Never actually told me what it was but I suspect it was a tape worm like critter but it could have been anything from where I had been.
    To this day I will not eat any form of meat that is not fully cooked some would say over cooked and I won't eat any raw vegetables not grown in my garden.

Supporting Member
    Thanks

nova_robotics's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank S View Post
    To this day I will not eat any form of meat that is not fully cooked some would say over cooked and I won't eat any raw vegetables not grown in my garden.
    Good advise. Watch out for wildlife, raccoons in particular. If you have any midnight visitors they will easily drop parasite eggs. Something close to 100% of birds carry toxoplasmosis.

Thanks

Frank S's Tools
    Good advise. Watch out for wildlife, raccoons in particular. If you have any midnight visitors they will easily drop parasite eggs. Something close to 100% of birds carry toxoplasmosis.
    With 10 large barn cats and 4 dogs and 7 Guinea foul 12 chickens and rooster the varmint population ia pretty much under control. Haven't seen evidence of a raccoon or skunk in several years. last year only a single rattle snake this year so far nothing but we used to average killing off 10 t0 12 a year. Probably because the mouse and rat population is non existent any more Haven't seen a rabbit on the place in years, the bunnies don't have a chance because the dogs work as a squad, They do the same thing when a coyote strays onto the property.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information