Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: frame jig

PJs
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,118 Times in 718 Posts

PJs's Tools
    Thanks Hardtail69. I thought the PVC would be a cheap and cheerful way of slickery. Tubing makes sense from the pics and would definitely fit the bill for strength, plus all the gussets, rib style & dual down tube. Interesting about the size people it can take, a bit deceiving from the pics. I still fold up pretty well but crinkle and pop more now!

I saw right away that your sliding jigs were the real boon to your design and the 3/8" plates heavy enough not to flex too much. Are you guys thinking of going into production with these? There's nothing like a new/old sport to bring out the innovation, and you nailed it! Good luck with the new design and would love to see it when you get it finished!

Thanks again, ~PJ

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thanks

hardtail69's Tools
    we are going ahead with the drift trikes. But, it looks like you are asking if we are going to sell the frame jigs? Never thought of that but hey why not . We like to make money. lol I also pop a lot more now as well. lol In my sixties so its allowed.

2000 Tool Plans

PJs
    Thanks

PJs's Tools
    Actually I was asking about production trikes, but the frame jig is a good Idea too...although shipping would be prohibitive out to my neck of the woods. Maybe a bolt together kit? Money is good for sure. I guess it is allowed after 60 (me too) but doesn't mean I have to like it!

~PJ

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PJs For This Useful Post:

hardtail69 (Apr 9, 2015)

Thanks

hardtail69's Tools
    i agree cost would be high for shipping, and if you can get the steel it would be cheaper to make it yourself. there is nothing difficult about building one. if you have a welder and are careful. That's what this forum is all about . i look at it as a teaching forum, not a Bragging kind of thing, . Here we are truly sharing the knowledge and experience with others. i did not put many dimentions on this build because each person has a different need and budget. if you can afford the steel and have the room and the need by all means make it longer and or taller.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to hardtail69 For This Useful Post:

PJs (Apr 9, 2015)

PJs
    Thanks

PJs's Tools
    I'm already thinking about it and between my son, brother and me, pretty sure we could whittle something up. I totally agree about this forum, it's one of the best out there in my opinion. For me it's also a great Idea and Twinkly light forum that gets my mind rolling on things, projects, and ways to do things I've been kicking around...lots of things interest me. Also a lot of the ideas and projects fit my simple/elegant and cheap-n-cheerful rules for design, fun, and function...Great folks here!! I'll post some of my stuff one of these days soon so it can be paid forward...hopefully! Thanks again for posting this and sharing your fun, work & passion!

~PJ

Thanks
    Thanks, guys, for the great comments about the forum. We also see it as a friendly place where folks can learn from each other and those with less experience can ask questions of those with more in a stress-free environment.

As always, if anyone has suggestions for how we can improve things around here, we're not only listening, we're enthusiastically interested in hearing those thoughts.

Ken

9. The Following User Says Thank You to kbalch For This Useful Post:

PJs (Apr 10, 2015)

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,850 Times in 1,652 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hardtail69 View Post
    here is the last of the old models we made, and yes it is for sale, just pm me if you are interested. The new models are way cooler. lol
    Attachment 3206
    That IS nice! I wouldn't mind playing with that thing!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to DIYer For This Useful Post:

hardtail69 (Apr 9, 2015)

Thanks
    Hi hardtail69,

The repositionable saddles are genius! Your Frame Jig is the 'Tool of the Week'!

You'll be receiving one of our official HomemadeTools.net T-shirts:

frame jig-hmt-t-shirts.jpg

If you've already received one of our official HomemadeTools.net T-shirts, we'd be glad to award you a $25 online gift card from GiftRocket. Your choice!

Either way, just let me have (via PM) your details (size, color choice, and mailing address for the shirt or email address for the gift card) and we'll get things processed directly.

Congrats!

Ken

13. The Following User Says Thank You to kbalch For This Useful Post:

hardtail69 (Apr 10, 2015)

PJs
    Thanks

PJs's Tools
    Way to go Hardtail69, Most deserved! Thanks Ken for seeing & appreciating his ingenuity! Another great thing about Homemadetools.net!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to PJs For This Useful Post:

Supporting Member
    Thanks

Manitoba Man's Tools
    I like it, there are a few mighty good ideas in that jig. Thanks for this. Good jigs are worth there weight in gold and crappy ones just replicate mistakes forever:-(

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Manitoba Man For This Useful Post:

Thread Information