Another tool I needed, it's something to help extracting the gears on my metal lathe gear box.
They are always difficult to pull up with the hand.
So I came to this simple design, that can adapt to all the diameters I have :
But I must admit that my design has a limitation. I tried to extract with it the pulley of my washing machine motor, the one I used for the disk sander, and I had absolutely no success.
The main bar started bending before the pulley started to move. It kept completely stuck.
So I had to build the sander with the pulley still on the shaft...
Actually, even if the main bar of the extractor has a good section, obviously, at the center, where the screw hole is drilled the section is too much reduced, and the bend starts from there.
It's a light duty extractor.
Anyway, it's still of great help for my lathe gear box.