Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Good morning!

Thanks

Good morning!

Good morning everybody! Here to learn as much as I can. Spent most of my life behind the wheel dreaming up things to make, hoping to make the money to actually follow through with those dreams. Now I'm trying to figure out how to make the tools I need instead of buying them. Hoping to learn lots from this board, and all of you.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 30,068 Times in 9,991 Posts
    Hi csstrux! Welcome aboard!

What craft are you interested in? There are lots of knowledgeable members here, I'm sure they'd be glad to to teach you a thing or two.

Al

2000 Tool Plans

Jon
    Jon is online now Jon has agreed the Seller's Terms of Service
    Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,006 Times in 11,394 Posts
    Hi csstrux - welcome to HomemadeTools.net

What kind of tools are you interested in building?

Thanks
    A bit of everything. I have a couple wood lathes and basic construction type power tools, and am currently in the process of renovating my "wreck in the woods" with the intent of doing something kind of cool and "unique" in each room. Sliding barn doors, hand made cabinets, rustic or industrial type inspired stuff. That said, I have been wanting to get into metal forming, machining, and such for hot rodding projects. (break, metal lathe, mill, shears, tubing benders and such) First thing is first tho. I need to lay out and build a functional shop. I have heard of a couple sites that help with that, but as of yet have not pursued them. I am mostly trying to figure out what I can do with the fabrication and construction tools I have at present that will allow me to move forward on the house. (band saw, router jigs, and other items of the sort) I have 5 acres of wooded land and would like to use some of the wood I already own to fix the house.

Thanks
    Hi csstrux,

Welcome!

Sounds as though you've got a great set of interrelated projects in your immediate future. Fun!!

If you've got some specific questions on how best to apply your current tooling to your range of missions, post a note in our Help Me Build subforum; you're sure to receive some useful input.

Ken

Thanks
    Excelent! Thank you for the warm welcome!

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information