Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Hello, New guy just joined.

Thanks

Hello, New guy just joined.

Found this site looking for a Handy Clamp tool. Hobbies are old motorcycles, mostly BMW's have an old 1956 VW. Also fly my own experimental biplane. Another aiplane project waiting for me to retire in a few years.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Jon
    Jon is offline Jon has agreed the Seller's Terms of Service
    Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,163 Times in 11,437 Posts
    Hi wentz - welcome to HomemadeTools.net

No shortage of pilots here (both myself and the other admin are pilots, although with opposite levels of experience).

Be sure to check out our other sites BikeBuilds.net and PlaneBuilds.net if you haven't already.

How is the Handy Clamp tool build going?

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks
    Hi wentz,

Bikes and planes sound about right to me! Along with cars, guns, watches, cameras, pens, and pretty much anything else mechanical…

What sort of experimental biplane did you build? I built an RV-8, then did the wings on a Model 12 Pitts before selling that project. Lots of time in lots of types. I've got my eye on getting current again after a few years away, though I want to do something I haven't done before - I hear the siren call of an L-39, but we'll see how that goes…

Did you find a clamp that'll work for you?

Ken

Thanks
    Jon and Ken thanks for the welcome.I did take a look at the bike and plane sites. lots of great stuff. My biplane is called a Skyote (www.skyote.org) if interested. I did not build mine it was done when i purchased it. I fly for work and seem always to be on the road. Always wanted one and one became avialable so ended up buying. Its down now for an engine overhaul and some upgrades. Ken that L39 sounds like fun,lots of kerosene, sounds like you can afford it. I look forward to reading the posts on those long layovers. Mark

Thanks
    Hey Mark,

The Skyote is a new one for me; my first though on looking at the photos was of the classic Bücker. Very nice! I flirted with the airline thing (cattle, not cargo) for a little while a number of years back, but couldn't adjust to being away so much. Guess I'm just a homebody. How do you like the B767? A friend of mine was a fairly senior AA FO on it until he retired. He decided to forego bidding Captain in order to retain his FO seniority and work when he wanted (more or less). You know how it goes.

The new race car will have to go before I do anything about the L-39, but I've definitely got the itch.

Glad to have you here!

Ken

Obligatory pic of my RV:

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,858 Times in 1,658 Posts
    Hi wentz, I see the admins have already made you feel at home. Welcome to the forums!

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information