Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Hey-o from down by the southern border....

Thanks

TERBPA's Tools

Hey-o from down by the southern border....

Hey all,

First off, I am AMAZED to find this site! This is like Nirvana for tool geeks! Anyhow, this kind of stuff is what I really enjoy, and I probably have quite a bit to share once I start thinking about it. You'll definitely get some contributions from me.

So to start, allow me to show you a recent one. A bead break for the split rims on my '41 Dodge truck project. It's a short piece of I beam with some heavy angle welded on. I supposed I could have bolted the angle on and used a series of bolt holes to allow for different size rims, but I can always cut it off and correct this rushed oversight if I ever need to.

On the top of the jack is a piece of pipe with a 'V' saddle welded to the top (one end?) that fits over the tip of the jack and cradles the chain just enough to keep it from slipping off. Pretty basic stuff, but the desired results were all I cared about and it worked as well as could be hoped for.

Hey-o from down by the southern border....-hpim1057.jpg

Well, Glad I found you guys and I look forward to learning and helping with everyone.

Thad

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following User Says Thank You to TERBPA For This Useful Post:

kbalch (Sep 11, 2013)

Thanks
    Hi Thad,

Welcome! Glad you've found us here. Nirvana, indeed.

You're certain to find an interested audience here for your homemade tools. Please share them by posting directly in the Homemade Tools subforum. We'll add each one to the database, as well as to your builder page on the site.

Non-tool items should be shared in the Not a Tool, but Homemade subforum.

Ken

I've added your Bead Breaker to our Automotive category, as well as to your builder page: TERBPA's Homemade Tools. Your receipt:

2000 Tool Plans

4. The Following User Says Thank You to kbalch For This Useful Post:

TERBPA (Sep 11, 2013)

Thread Information