Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Hi from east texas.

Thanks

Hi from east texas.

Been more of a jack of all trades, for all my working life. From welding/fitting, plant maintenance, machining and all that involves to robotics use in electronics, thru hole component placement and smd chip shooter/placers. Repairing and programming them.

Have always believed that to repair a machine, you have to be as good as a normal operator, but in many ways better than them doing it because you are not only paying attention to the job at hand but also the machine to see what the problem is. But normally any good operators can point out exactly where the problems are.

There is always a right tool for the right job, but sometimes that tool is unavailable or expensive.

So that is the time to start rubbing brain cells together to get the job done, with the resources at hand and let the magic begin.

I like what I see here !

Charles H

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Jon
    Jon is online now Jon has agreed the Seller's Terms of Service
    Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,096 Times in 11,422 Posts
    Hello Charles - welcome to HomemadeTools.net

Sounds like you have a strong skill set - what's next up on your build list?

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Hello Charles - welcome to HomemadeTools.net

Sounds like you have a strong skill set - what's next up on your build list?
    So to speak as far as skills other than stated, shipbuilding, instrumentation, oil patch production equipment, electromechanical equipment, trailer mounted gen sets motor, engine and turbine driven amongst other stuff that aircraft could be serviced and repaired without running the main engines.

Have possibly worked over time most skills that require a brain and hands on the technical side of getting into the trenches doing the work needed in the trades.

One self rule that I had was what ever job I had , I would put myself to school learning everything I could to try and master it.

Best foundation starting was working in a machine shop when still in school, then my air force training on AGE equipment, that provided a mechanical foundation. Also got my first amateur license at age 13 and learning electronics by helping my grandfather in the early 60's back in the days of dead bug wiring and tubes.

Not much is on the horizon, at this stage of life I am rapidly slipping into being totally retarded ! ;D

And really do not have many projects on my current to-do list anymore, but I still like to see what others come up with as far as solutions to given problems that occur for others.

Said by a semi old fart in training !

;D

I have been accused of being sorta wordy sometimes !
    Last edited by Dogman; Sep 5, 2015 at 01:58 PM.

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,858 Times in 1,658 Posts
    Wow, Charles, that's a great progression of skill sets! Looking forward to your contributions here.

Thanks
    Hi Charles,

Welcome - glad to have you here!

You've got quite an impressive background and skill set. Even without any current projects, please do feel free (and very welcome!) to jump in anywhere and join the conversation.

Maybe we'll inspire you to start something new…

Ken

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information